+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Flying with pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    Lol Loco he loves that dog - when he moved to china he took his dog and left his girlfriend behind! He just took the dog on a road trip around China with the dog in the side car of his motorbike! (he is a tv presenter)
    Omg that is just gorgeous. His poor GF though. Ok he definitely wins best dog owner for 2012 got to tell my dh this it sounds like something he would do haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Depends what country you are moving to. I think it is fairly easy to move out of the country, but as a pp said it is if you want to come back to Australia that could be the problem. Also I don't know what breeds your dogs are, but I know with boxers and bull dogs and other dogs with the snub noses you have to be careful with long flights as they can overheat a lot easier than dogs with regular snouts. I think some airlines even refuse to take certain types of breeds because of them getting sued when dogs with snub noses die on their flight

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SpicyTurtle For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by BoxerDogLover View Post
    Depends what country you are moving to. I think it is fairly easy to move out of the country, but as a pp said it is if you want to come back to Australia that could be the problem. Also I don't know what breeds your dogs are, but I know with boxers and bull dogs and other dogs with the snub noses you have to be careful with long flights as they can overheat a lot easier than dogs with regular snouts. I think some airlines even refuse to take certain types of breeds because of them getting sued when dogs with snub noses die on their flight
    Yea wow ones an English staffy he has trouble breathing as it is. I'm so torn at the moment but we've decided to give it till the end of the year before making any major decisions. It's to Dubaii which is 11 hrs away but I am not going to dump my dogs like someone said yesterday.... their just dogs just give them away They were my rocks when I was told I couldn't have children with my partner and now that we have a baby I just can't give them away

Thanks
    Reviews

DH will just have to fly back each week

Or/ we move and not come back to Australia. I don't want to risk quarantine holding them for months as someone told me they can do that would kill them.

babycake is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Wow.
    Flying there and back each week..... How long could he keep that up for? Years ago I used to work in Singapore (only a 9ish hour flight) Flying home every week was a nightmare. I only did it for 2 months before i stopped.
    Good luck whatever decision you make. It is a tough one x

7. The Following User Says Thank You to babycake For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

So hard, I couldn't leave my dog behind either!
    I've never flown a pet but Ive heard good things of jetpets.com.au they do international flights. I would be mostly worried about the quarantine, generally speaking Muslims don't like dogs as its in the Coran that they are unclean you should talk to other expats (plenty of expats forums) who relocated to Dubai you might find someone who took their dog.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ciaomamma For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I moved to Australia from England with my 2 cats.

They got picked up from my home (south coast England) and driven to Manchester (north England) and flown from there to Heathrow, and then Heathrow to Sydney.

Brisbane doesn't have a quarantine, so they stayed in Sydney quarantine for 30 days before being flown up to Brisbane by Jetpets.

Both of them were absolutely fine, and happy & healthy when I met them at Brisbane airport. They seemed very normal with no reaction at all. Very glossy and in good shape.

A lot of people said "Why don't you just get new cats when you get there?" Pfft... Some people have no idea...

Only bad part was that it cost more for their flights and quarantine than it did for our flights!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (04-09-2012)