+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    if they are a good friend, then just ring and tell them you are exhausted. Or forget making dinner and just get takeaway to make it easy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Suck it up or cancel

Id be honest with her, tell her you're totally wrecked from work this week and although you'd love to see her you don't think you'll be great company so could you change it to next weekend instead.

If a friend said that to me id be fine with it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    I'd suck it up. I often feel like like that in the run up to doing something, and then have a great time and forget about how tired I feel. I don't like cancelling on people at the last minute, and would probably go ahead and then later be glad that I did.
    Exactly what I was going to post! If I ever feel like cancelling 99% of the time I end so glad I went and the tiredness goes.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    if they are a good friend, then just ring and tell them you are exhausted. Or forget making dinner and just get takeaway to make it easy?
    I would do this. Some take away thai, a nice bottle of wine, light some candles and just chill on the sofa together and catch up, as old friends do - great way to end the week

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (31-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Suck it up or cancel

I tend to no cancel unless I must because it sucks being canceled on at the last minute in my experience. I take it to heart.

BUT if I do cancel its always a "but I'm free Friday and Saturday next week or any day the week after" sort of thing.

But personally I'd suck it up if it's a good friend. Good friend give me energy. and I agree ^^^ wine, take away, dvd or relaxed chat. Something easy.

Or give her the heads up your tired she may give you and easy out.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Hmmm I think you should go ahead with dinner. I would call, tell her you had a long day but will grab some yummy take away with a bottle of wine. Then spend the night chilling with your buddy. Debrief and laugh. You can always call an early night if you need to.
    I often find I feel much happier after being with my friends as it relaxes me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Suck it up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Suck it up or cancel

I would personally suck it up but that's me and I always feel guilty csncelling on people haha as I hate when people cancel on me! if I was sick or something I'd cancel though. I'd just order in pizza or something easy and chill on couch! maybe just text er and say your real tired so can tonight be real low key and relaxing ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

I cancelled. We are catching up next week instead which is good and we might go out for dinner instead as a surprise for her birthday.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub