+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Suck it up or cancel

If you made plans to have someone over for dinner who you have been friends with for a very long time cancel on them?

Things to consider
    - i am tired from work( done quite a few doubles and working tomorrow morning too)
    - her partner has just flown down from his job( not sure how often he FIFO but I know its been about a month since they last saw eachother and he got back yesterday)
    - she is childless and doesn't quite understand that the house won't be 100% clean. She has young nieces so she does kinda understand but not fully
    - DS is looking forward to seeing her too
    - we have been friends for 20yrs and we used to go months and months without communicating.

I really want to see her but right now its not even 6pm and I just wanna go to bed but DS doesnt as still cooking dinner and its Friday so he always stays up and watches a movie I have recorded for him.

I am also happy to reorganised for next weekend but don't want to appear that I don't want to catch up with her either as next weekend also gives me more notice as we only discussed it on Wednesday I think, could of been Tuesday, not sure as losing track of the days.

What would you do?

This is for dinner tomorrow night too.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Really good old friend? I'd just be honest

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'd go to bed early tonight and see how I felt tomorrow morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I think it would be ok to reschedule! As you said her SO just flew in so maybe she might be thankful to move it to next week so she can spend time with him.

Also you guys have been friends to ages so I'm sure she will understand :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm sure of she was a good friend you would be able to explain to her why you want to cancel. And if she was a good friend she would understand and not get up set over it.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Really good old friend? I'd just be honest
    Same "I'm so sorry but I'm completely broken tonight and just HAVE to get some rest. Can we reschedule?". I'd understand if someone said that to me, both before and after I had kids *chuckle*.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Ohh i know how you feel. If you don't want to cancel, still be honest and suggest an early end to the night.
    You might find you perk up a bit when your friend arrives. I often feel like I really really don't want to go out or people to come over, but 9 out of 10 times i end up having a good night.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'd suck it up to be honest.

I think it's fine to cancel the day before, but not the day of.

Go, you'll probably enjoy yourself!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Given what you said, I would cancel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd suck it up. I often feel like like that in the run up to doing something, and then have a great time and forget about how tired I feel. I don't like cancelling on people at the last minute, and would probably go ahead and then later be glad that I did.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

babyla  (31-08-2012)