+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 3 weeks comfort feeding. Hate co-sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by chubbasmummy View Post
    Thanks. It's not so much the difficulty for me staying awake. I was wondering how others who don't co-sleep get their babies to settle at all in a bassinet/cot at night.
    Sometimes with great difficulty!!

I sit on the bedside table and read my kindle while i rock the Basinette. Can take an hour for her to truly settle in the middle of the night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbasmummy View Post
    Thanks. It's not so much the difficulty for me staying awake. I was wondering how others who don't co-sleep get their babies to settle at all in a bassinet/cot at night.
    DH has always slept in a bassinet/cot. We do use a dummy but only give it to him when we first get him ready for bed and then once he has spat it out and sleepy enough we don't put it back in. He doesn't wake up for the dummy at night. As PP said you can take a dummy away again early on so that it doesn't become too much of an issue later.

Are you swaddling? I found that really helped as he was nice and snug. Also heating the bassinet with a hot water bottle before putting bubs down is nice.

For the first night sleep we used the same bedtime routine of boob,bath, boob bed. I would pat/sing etc to get him to sleep. At night he would feed and then fall asleep again and I would put him back in his bassinet (cot when older). I think it really depends on your bubs whether they will settle and sleep easily in the bassinet or not.

Have you read anything on no cry sleep solutions by Elizabeth Pantley? That might be helpful. Also I found the tresilian website has good stuff on settling techniques. These techniques do take a bit of time and effort to work though.

Good luck.