+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think she should have her room how she likes it. It's her space. I wouldn't like someone coming and telling me how I can have my space. Just put the rule she's not allowed to have sleep overs at your house, etc, if her room isn't clean. She still has to help with the chores with the rest of the house to earn her rewards, but her room is hers.
    Lay a few ground rules, maybe, that her bed needs to be stripped once a week(hygeine purposes) and there's no dishes to be taken into her room.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (03-09-2012),HowCrazyCool  (03-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Totally agree with Jennaisme.

My parents use to nag me to no end about my room and I would just ignore them, I didn't care. They did the bed stripped once a week and no food in my room rules and I stuck to that. I'm still a pretty untidy person, but I think that's just me. I hate housework, I keep my house fairly tidy but tend to overlook things if I can think of something better to do.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Teens messy rooms

Yep, I like the "no sleep overs unless your room is clean" idea. And also picking your battles. It's not worth causing more stress right away, she needs to get settled first. Then you can slowly work on rules

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds like you have more important things to worry about than her bedroom - I think I'd just go with no food or plates/cups in the room and ask that she brings out her own washing and the sheets be changed regularly. Probably best to pick your battles and prioritise what is most important at the moment.

Goodluck!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Teens messy rooms

I have 3 teenagers and have given up trying. I just shut the doors, if they choose to live like pigs then so be it. My eldest now keeps her room spotless. Hoping the others do the same soon.