Closed Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am very impressed that Tasmania has taken the lead in the important issue of marriage equality, especially since they started on the back foot with some of the more antiquated laws on homosexuality. to the Apple Isle

Sadly Qld seems to be regressing to the 50's in this matter, without the benefit of the fabulous clothes.

And for anyone who has an issue with gay marriage, i suggest they don't get one.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

DQ  (31-08-2012),intruderalert1234  (31-08-2012),WorkingClassMum  (31-08-2012)

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KnockKnockPenny View Post
    Go Tassie!
    Almost enough incentive to make me move there ;-) almost

But hopefully, if this passes trough Upper House, then some other states will follow. Would be amazing if Campbell Newman stopped following the freaking ACL's desires and started bringing QLD into the 21sr century
    According to what I've heard - Newman actually supports same sex marriage .. but the PARTY doesn't .. so since he has been elected - he has refused to comment on the topic, other than to say (very badly paraquoted) "the liberal party does not support same sex marriage"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veve View Post
    its already a gorgeous place . .. stunning scenery ... imagine the weddings!!
    Oh yes, all of that scenery as a back drop for those stunning gowns....on the gay men **calm down, it's just a joke**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    I guess I'm a traditionalist.
    I have no problem with homosexual couple have the same legal protections as married couples, nor do I have a problem with civil unions. I just don't think that the definition of marriage needs to be changed.
    You can still be a traditionalist though, Father

Allowing same-sex marriage isn't going to impact on your views, your marriage or your life. So why not allow those in same-sex relationships to marry. There are, after all, religious homosexuals who would like to marry under the sanction of their God.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

intruderalert1234  (31-08-2012),WorkingClassMum  (31-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    And for anyone who has an issue with gay marriage, i suggest they don't get one.
    Classic

Yes, best leave that off their list hey!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DQ For This Useful Post:

intruderalert1234  (31-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I always find it interesting that same sex marriage is a no-no based on tradition, but marriage using a celebrant is ok...

My parents married in a courthouse, exactly 7 days before my sister was born after living in sin for heaven knows how long. They are still happily married. But surely their non-traditional wedding is the same as same-sex people in love? IMHO Being outside of 'tradition' just means we're learning and progressing as a society.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

intruderalert1234  (31-08-2012),Lillynix  (31-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DQ View Post
    Classic

Yes, best leave that off their list hey!!!!

I can't claim credit, I knocked that one off from somewhere, but hey, I like to recycle

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

DQ  (31-08-2012)

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    I always find it interesting that same sex marriage is a no-no based on tradition, but marriage using a celebrant is ok...

My parents married in a courthouse, exactly 7 days before my sister was born after living in sin for heaven knows how long. They are still happily married. But surely their non-traditional wedding is the same as same-sex people in love? IMHO Being outside of 'tradition' just means we're learning and progressing as a society.
    pretty sure traditionalists weren't happy with women getting to vote either ... but it happened ... *shrugs* hopefully progression will continue to happen .. I think its truly sad that this discrimination has occurred for so long

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Tasmanian Lower Houses passes same-sex marriage laws

Quote Originally Posted by KnockKnockPenny View Post
    Would be amazing if Campbell Newman stopped following the freaking ACL's desires and started bringing QLD into the 21sr century
    Don't even get me started on that douche bag!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lumpy Melon For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (31-08-2012)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by veve View Post
    pretty sure traditionalists weren't happy with women getting to vote either ... but it happened ... *shrugs* hopefully progression will continue to happen .. I think its truly sad that this discrimination has occurred for so long
    Fortunately definitions change to reflect social changes (or at least catch up with social changes). It's staggering to think that divorce wasn't allowed in Ireland until 1997

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast