Closed Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Tasmanian Lower Houses passes same-sex marriage laws

Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post

If civil unions are recognised, and homosexuals are given the exact same legal rights and protections as heterosexual couples, why is that not good enough?
    Why does the word marriage have to be used? Why is this word so important?
    Why is it not good enough?

Because it's not equal and is still discrimination based on sexual preference.

Because there are, as I pointed out earlier, religious homosexual couples who want the same ability as heterosexual couples to be married in a church, under the sanction of their God.

Because this is the 21st Century and who someone chooses to love and share their life with should not impact on their ability to marry.

*I can haz typos*

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (01-09-2012),Witwicky  (01-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Tasmanian Lower Houses passes same-sex marriage laws

Would you support polygamous marriage? I haven't heard anyone actually answer that question.
    I have no issues with Polygamy or Polyamoury. So long as all involved are consenting adults in agreeance, then I take no issue.

*I can haz typos*

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

fairyflossfairy  (01-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    How ironic that they were the last to make homosexuality legal, but the first to pass this.

Lets hope the other states follow asap!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    Father, why are you asking all these questions and refusing to answer any. I have three I'd love for you to answer.

1.Should non religious unions be called civil unions since they are not in the house of the lord?

2.We know a man and woman are fine to marry (a long as over 18 as consenting adults unless provision provided by the courts as has been the casefor a very long time). Is what they do behind their own doors private?

3.You think the Australian has anything newsworthy and not entirely scandalised or biassed to the point it does donuts?

Forgive any weird substitutions... Silly phone, but I still love it
    Sorry I missed yours. I was getting plenty from everyone.

1. It wouldn't bother me. As long as the definition of marriage remained the same.
    2. As long as it is legal.
    3. Yes. It breaks most major political stories. I'm not sure what bias you are talking of. Would you rather newspapers not be critical of the government of the day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    There won't be a "slippery slope", just like there hasn't been a "slippery slope" in any of the places that have legalised gay marriage.

I doubt polygamy will ever be legal here, could you imagine tax time, and divorces. It would just be far too complicated.

I guess that it is a direct question to me, as I am the only person to post the non Bubhub lines.

Afraid would not be the correct word. One of my main concerns is the 'slippery slope' that may ensue. Polygamy has already been discussed by some groups as the next step once legislation passes. After that, who knows what will be next.

As I have said before. I have no problem with civil unions. But marriage does not need to be redefined.

A couple of question back at you (or anyone).

If civil unions are recognised, and homosexuals are given the exact same legal rights and protections as heterosexual couples, why is that not good enough?
    Why does the word marriage have to be used? Why is this word so important?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    There won't be a "slippery slope", just like there hasn't been a "slippery slope" in any of the places that have legalised gay marriage.

I doubt polygamy will ever be legal here, could you imagine tax time, and divorces. It would just be far too complicated.
    So these people would be denied their 'right' to marry because you think it would be too complicated come tax time?

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tasmanian Lower Houses passes same-sex marriage laws

Polygamy, then beastiality, then marrying our toasters. Don't you know? That's the natural order.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (01-09-2012),beebs  (01-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Father can you answer me one question, how will legalising gay marriage honestly affect you personally?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to singlemumma82 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (01-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by singlemumma82 View Post
    Father can you answer me one question, how will legalising gay marriage honestly affect you personally?
    As I have said before. I live in this world, and I have views on how I would like this world to be around me.

We live in a democracy. I am entitled to a view on all matters.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

As I have said before. I live in this world, and I have views on how I would like this world to be around me.

We live in a democracy. I am entitled to a view on all matters.
    That's your view, I'm asking how it will AFFECT you, will it change anything about you? Will it change your marriage?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to singlemumma82 For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (01-09-2012),beebs  (01-09-2012)