Closed Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Tasmanian Lower Houses passes same-sex marriage laws

Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Not sure what a section 12 is. What would they need to do to be granted it? And who would decide this?
    Authorisation of marriage of person under age of 18 years in exceptional circumstances
    (1) A person who has attained the age of 16 years but has not attained the age of 18 years may apply to a Judge or magistrate in a State or Territory for an order authorising him or her to marry a particular person of marriageable age despite the fact that the applicant has not attained the age of 18 years.

(2) The Judge or magistrate shall, subject to subsection (4), hold an inquiry into the relevant facts and circumstances and, if satisfied that:

(a) the applicant has attained the age of 16 years; and

(b) the circumstances of the case are so exceptional and unusual as to justify the making of the order;

the Judge or magistrate may, in his or her discretion, make the order sought, but otherwise the Judge or magistrate shall refuse the application.

(3) Subject to subsection (5), where a Judge or a magistrate has made such an order, the person on whose application the order was made is, in relation to his or her marriage to the other person specified in the order, but not otherwise, of marriageable age.

(4) Where a Judge or a magistrate to whom an application is made under this section is satisfied that the matter could more properly be dealt with by a Judge or a magistrate sitting at a place nearer the place where the applicant ordinarily resides, the Judge or magistrate may, in his or her discretion, refuse to proceed with the hearing of the application, but such a refusal shall not, for the purposes of section 19, be deemed to be a refusal of the application.

(5) Where an order is made under this section and the marriage to which the order relates does not take place within 3 months after the date of the order, the order ceases to have effect.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I'm sure polygamists would say there there is a pressing need. Did you read the articles I linked to? Why should we have to argue it? If they want to get married, who are you to say no? (Those last 2 questions are not my arguments, but they are the same as others have used).
    I hardly think 3 articles from the Murdoch press constitutes a pressing need or robust discussion. I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could find articles from a long list of radical pressure groups wanting to change legislation. (And I am using radical here in the sense that they are outside main****** society.)

Anyways, I'm off to sleep, nighty night all.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (31-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Tasmanian Lower Houses passes same-sex marriage laws

Because that is exactly what is happening.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nati...-1226366157709

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nati...-1226361638668

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nati...-1226368714350

Would you support polygamous marriage? I haven't heard anyone actually answer that question.
    Yes i would.
    **** it, if two or three or ten grown consenting adults wish to declare their love for each other, spend sh!t loads of money and get a piece of paper who cares.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

As for a definition of marriage, simple:

Marriage (also called matrimony or wedlock) is a social union or legal contract between people called spouses that creates kinship. The definition of marriage varies according to different cultures, but is usually an institution in which interpersonal relationships, usually intimate and sexual, are acknowledged. Such a union is often formalized via a wedding ceremony.

Thanks Wikipedia 😊

6. The Following User Says Thank You to singlemumma82 For This Useful Post:

FiveInTheBed  (31-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

At the end of the day, the more love in the world, the better, I reckon. Night all.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

DQ  (31-08-2012),intruderalert1234  (31-08-2012),MrJones&Me  (01-09-2012),Witwicky  (31-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for that. Learn something every day.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews

I don't have an issue with polygamy Why is it even being brought up?

So much fear of the unknown...open up your mind Father, it is closed too tightly.

You can have your heterosexual marriage, who cares if another man wants to commit to a man or several men. Really, who cares? What is it to you?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

fairyflossfairy  (01-09-2012),Lillynix  (01-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    At the end of the day, the more love in the world, the better, I reckon. Night all.
    Totally agree

Especially after yesterday's and every other days' atrocities in Afghanistan the whole world needs more love, but who cares about the how, when, who or why just love for goodness sake

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DQ For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (01-09-2012),Lillynix  (01-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    I hardly think 3 articles from the Murdoch press constitutes a pressing need or robust discussion.
    It may well be the only papers that we end up with. The Fairfax shares have plummeted this month! Not sure how much longer they will last.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: Tasmanian Lower Houses passes same-sex marriage laws

Father, why are you asking all these questions and refusing to answer any. I have three I'd love for you to answer.

1.Should non religious unions be called civil unions since they are not in the house of the lord?

2.We know a man and woman are fine to marry (a long as over 18 as consenting adults unless provision provided by the courts as has been the casefor a very long time). Is what they do behind their own doors private?

3.You think the Australian has anything newsworthy and not entirely scandalised or biassed to the point it does donuts?

Forgive any weird substitutions... Silly phone, but I still love it