+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stormgirl73 View Post
    I recently had an appt with nurses at clinic about trying IVF. She was nice but she didn't come across as optimistic for someone of my age to get success at first attempt of an IVF cycle. I am 39 with an AMH level of 6. I only have ONE attempt at this for I only have enough money for one cycle and will never be able to save that money again for I am a single mother now. Since I will be using donor sperm and my PHI won't be of any use (as can't access until next June) the costs are even higher. I am starting to feel like it is too much of a gamble to take and should be using that money I have towards my 9 year old daughters future. I really want another baby and my daughter would love a sibling but I have started to feel very apprehensive about it.
    Have many of you had success at your first attempt at IVF??
    Thanks
    I was successful with my first round of icsi. I'm 33 with Amh of 3.

Good luck with your cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chances View Post
    Hi ladies - i'm hoping to join your ranks in a months time! Sorry to hijack but this thread seems more appropriate then starting a new one.

My question is if you don't mind sharing - were you relatively healthy pre ivf? i.e no PCOS/Endo and ovulated ok and perhaps just had blocked tubes (like me)?

Also what supplements extras did you do if anything? i.e acupuncture, exercise, diet tips, royal jelly etc etc.

thanks in advance.
    Chances- we had no identified fertility issues. I'm fit and healthy. I did eat one slice if fresh pineapple (including the core) every day after my egg transfer. I read somewhere it can help. Probably an old wives tale but hey it worked for me!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Motherwillbe For This Useful Post:

chances  (14-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were fortunate enough to conceive through ICSI on our first cycle. We went through Fertility SA.
    We decided we wanted another child on Nov 25 2011 and we had our daughter Maggie Alice on Oct 3 2012.
    We consider ourselves very lucky.
    just remember it can happen. Best of luck to all going through IVF at the moment