+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It doesn't seem right to me either. She went through the procedure with me and told me about the medications (to a certain degree) and explained that I would have most contact with her during the cycle but when she said that sometimes she does the scans and the ET's, then I felt uncomfortable. She made out like it was a common thing to do and that at times the fs will only do the EPU. Now from hearing other people say that the fs should be doing it all it has made me think twice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Success at first IVF attempt, are there many of you??

Quote Originally Posted by IBelieve View Post
    Smyles, how many days / weeks were you in discomfort for? Did you gain weight? I appreciate your candor in telling about your experience, I want to make sure I can handle it... Thx
    It was probably about a week and I gained about 5kgs. I had 19 mature eggs, 15 fertilized and only one made it to a blasty. I was devastated, cried on and off for days, but then I was one of the lucky ones that only needed one.

There are no guarantees with IVF and when things don't go the way you thought they would it is devastating. I don't think my husband could watch me go through that again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by stormgirl73 View Post
    It doesn't seem right to me either. She went through the procedure with me and told me about the medications (to a certain degree) and explained that I would have most contact with her during the cycle but when she said that sometimes she does the scans and the ET's, then I felt uncomfortable. She made out like it was a common thing to do and that at times the fs will only do the EPU. Now from hearing other people say that the fs should be doing it all it has made me think twice!
    I only saw the nurses at the start to go through the paper work & have the meds explained to me, they did refer my to counseling if I wanted it.

My FS did all my scans, epu & FET. She even scanned me on the weekend if needed. I was in danger of OHSS so the clinic nurses rang me every day after epu to check on me. Seems strange your paying for a FS, but getting nurses?

My meds were altered depending on my scan results, I wouldn't have thought a nurse could do this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The nurse said that they try to let the fs have their weekends off so they (the nurses) do scans instead (unless I request fs!)
    She said at times she even does the FET and she said she has just as much success as the fs. Yet again she said that I could request the fs if I would be more comfortable. I thought that should be a given, that the fs do it all except the paper work and discussing how to use the meds.
    It is strange as this fs apparently has a good success rate and have heard great things about him, although lately I have been hearing a few disheartening stories.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Was anyone on this thread prescribed DHEA?? If so, what were your experiences with it and how much does it cost??
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes - we were a case of 'unexplained infertility' and i fell pregnant after very first transfer. 4 embies survived until day 4 but by day 5 just the one strong one left and i had a day 5 transfer. He is now 2 I'm a single mum now too.

Do what your heart wants.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BlackEyedPea, can I ask how old you are??? I am 39 with a low AMH so I don't hold as much hope that it will work for me.
    Would you go down this path again to give your son a sibling?? I sometimes wonder whether I should be concentrating on my daughter now and using my small amount of savings for her future opposed to trying for another baby. But she really wants a sibling and I really want another child so it is very confusing to know what the right thing to do is, especially when I could use all my money and still get a bfn.

Thanks
    Reviews

Im a first timer aswell, me 31 & DH 34, MFI...

My experience with the cycle was fine, I think it depends on the person really, I didn't gain any weight as I was eating really well at the time as I had read about possible gain... The only side effects I had was tiredness& headaches but nothing major.

We saw our FS at our initial appointment then all with FN's, they are great & know their stuff so I felt very comfortable.

I think you should think about how much you'd regret it if you didn't give it a go... I know I wouldn't have been able to let being a Mum go easily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stormgirl73 View Post
    Hi BlackEyedPea, can I ask how old you are??? I am 39 with a low AMH so I don't hold as much hope that it will work for me.
    Would you go down this path again to give your son a sibling?? I sometimes wonder whether I should be concentrating on my daughter now and using my small amount of savings for her future opposed to trying for another baby. But she really wants a sibling and I really want another child so it is very confusing to know what the right thing to do is, especially when I could use all my money and still get a bfn.
    I had recently turned 35 when we did the IVF. Yes fertility does decline after 35 or 36, but it also depends on the male's age too.

Hmm well I like the idea of giving DS a sibling, but I just don't think I could do it all again. It has been very hard, not just raising a baby on my own but physically my body went through so much change plus I just don't think I have the energy for two little ones! I would much sooner adopt (if it were accessible to single parents) if I could afford to as there's already so many children around the world who need parents.

But if you want to do it, don't let your age stop you - you're 39, it's totally possible!

I would have seriously considered it if I had some frosties left from the first time we did IVF though, absolutely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I'm another first time success at IVF.
    The FS did all my scans, EPU & Transfer. The nurses mainly discussed anything to do with the medications.
    My two sons were naturally conceived, but when I was 23 & 25. I was referred to the FS for recurrent miscarriage. He diagnosed me with PCO (I don't actually have the syndrome though), but very irregular periods. Before he did any fertility treatments, he wanted to diagnose any other issues so in Feb 12, I had a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, which showed I also had some Endo, build of lining in my uterus and some polyps which were removed.
    He did say to me that as I had prior successful pregnancies, I did have a higher chance of success, not sure if they say this to make you feel better, but it did work for me.
    Good luck ladies!