+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chances ... I am considered healthy with no PCOS, Endo etc. Unsure of blocked tubes but fs suggested I go straight to IVF instead of trying IUI cos of my age and prob due to my AMH level being low. He said that the scans to checks my tubes would be costly and if there was a problem then I would be going straight to IVF anyway. Also I had a pregnancy last year (that I terminated for personal reasons) so apparently that means that I am still able to fall pregnant which is a good thing. But I think it may have been a miracle, a one-off that I even conceived in the first place with my age and low AMH.
    Did it cost you a lot to get a scan to check your tubes?? FS said that it is slightly possible that could have happened to me after the termination but cost hundreds to check.
    As for supplements, all the nurse told me to do was start taking folic acid tablets or something similar now. Not sure of anything else and I have no idea about accupunture etc.
    I prob been no help to you sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Success at first IVF attempt, are there many of you??

Stormgirl- my HyCoSy ultrasound to check tubes after my ectopic was around $300 from memory.

Back to PP's questions. I was fit and healthy besides the pregnancy losses. Normal weight, no gynae issues.

I had a reasonable health routine before IVF. Daily exercise - running, yoga, swimming. Non smoker, social drinker. Ate well but didn't follow a hardcore diet. Had a conception supplement and that was it. Didn't have time to do much else.

I chose to continue full time work during IVF but some ladies have taken time off. Especially with second cycles onward.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    thanks ladies i appreciate the responses Sounds like everything in moderation and down to odds really.

I never had the test storm to see if i had blocked tubes but i lost my left from ectopic and was unsuccessful in becoming pregnant after several mths so the FS decided like you it was best to jump to ivf..save costs etc.

I'm 31 and have a amh of 9.5 which i'm told is in the lower 30% of my age group but not bad bad. Besides from what i have read amh is not a reflection of the quality of your eggs.

Just had an amazing massage/rekei session (first ever) and highly recommend for relaxation purposes. Now i hope AF would come and i can get this IVF cycle moving! (5 days late) my breasts are killing me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chances ... with a bit of luck you may not need IVF!!! You usually late and have sore breasts??

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry i thought i replied my connection is terrible.

I'm on syneral and AF can be up to a week late. Would be nice to be preggers but i doubt it.
    The nurses advised me today to ring my FS on Monday if AF had still not showed and i may need to do some bloods.

I did do one of my brought online tests this morn with no positive. I think our chances are slim naturally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chances, just wondering how you are going??
    I am still trying to decide between two FS as since I only have one shot at this I need to know EVERYTHING is being done to make it successful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi storm girl

Well I'm still going! On my injections and synarel with scan and bt this Fri.
    Today my back is killing me and ovary twinges annoying but I guess it means things are working huh
    Why do you only have one shot?

I have acu booked in Sat morn so hopefully I will have some dates to book my acu for ecp and et also if my scan is good on fri! I have been hanging out for acu it's been a few weeks since I last went - I'm busy at wk and find acu such a relaxer.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Success at first IVF attempt, are there many of you??

Hi Stormgirl

Hope u don't mind if I crash your thread, but I'm in the same boat as you, im 39, single and can only afford one go at IVF and will be going the sperm donor option. My first consult with a FS is next week and I went to the info evening put on by the clinic last night...

Will wait and see what the FS says is best option ... Good luck to you .. Thanks everyone else for the positive stories

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chances ... all the best. Please keep us updated! I only have one shot for I only have JUST enough money for one cycle of IVF :-(
    Hi Ibelieve ... what seminar/evening did you go to, in what state??

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sucks storm but heres hoping you wont need anymore anyway!

I see why your still trying to decide on the FS. Its an important decision. I was referred to my FS from my doctor who said he was the best. I looked into him and by success rates he was one of the best

Sure will keep you up to date. thanks and let us know how you get on deciding.