+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The calorie king site is good for recording food, but I just used to manually record exercise on the site using my heart rate monitor, as it's more reliable. You can just enter into the amount of calories burnt and put a generic thing like "exercise" for x number of minutes.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Where abouts on the calorie king site is this page where I can log food and exercise? I can't find it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Cardio Exercising and Heart Rates - Your opinion of the Fat Burning Zone?

Weights are great for losing weight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Cardio Exercising and Heart Rates - Your opinion of the Fat Burning Zone?

Oh, and there are loads of calorie counting apps

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Oh, and there are loads of calorie counting apps
    Any of them clever enough to not need a smart phone?

Yep, some of us still have 'old fashioned' mobile phones!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Muscle doesn't actually weigh more than fat, it's just more dense. So 1kg of muscle takes up less room than 1kg of fat iykwim.

I would calorie count, it's amazing how many calories you don't realise you consume...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Muscle doesn't actually weigh more than fat, it's just more dense. So 1kg of muscle takes up less room than 1kg of fat iykwim.

I would calorie count, it's amazing how many calories you don't realise you consume...
    Yep

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.calorieking.com.au/

You have to join as a member, but it is free.

Although I haven't used it this year due to pregnancy, but it used to be at least.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am doing a short course in Nutrition for Weight Loss ATM.

Like others have said, it's energy in v's energy out. You can slave away at the gym 7 days a week, but if you are equalling or going above your energy output, you will NOT lose weight at all. Exercise is over rated when it comes to actual weight loss. It's ALL about diet & calorie intake (unfortunately - I am a huge eater too & struggle constantly with this. I know all the in's and out's of it and STILL struggle!)

It's painful when you are a food lover to count calories & watch what food you eat, but unfortunately it is the only way to lose weight, if that's what you want.

Unless you love a good cardio session, weight training is the thing to focus on for weight & fat loss. If you are lifting decent weights you should stay in your fat burning zone for a 60 min workout. This would be enough if you are watching your diet.

Arrgghhh I know it's frustrating but it's the only way!!

Good luck