+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Acupuncture for IVF

I have been seeing a wonderful acupuncturist for the last 8 weeks.

However despite all the research she believes it is not important to have acupuncture on the same day of transfer....just before transfer and after (not necessary the same day).

She works just 3 days a week and is happy to book me in those days.

I like this lady and trust her but all research indicates same day acupuncture prior to egg transfer is more successful.

Has anyone had or heard of acupuncture days before transfer and got a BFP?

I am contemplating using someone else but dont really want to

First time IVFers so i have a list of things of have been doing and to me this is important, unless i can be convinced otherwise.

Thanks
    Reviews

Not sure if it's too late to reply but it's best to have a session the day before egg pick up and immediately after your transfer (same day - as close as possible afterward). I went straight from the transfer -and we got a BFP first go. Make sure you follow their recommendations in what you should eat/drink to help with egg quality and implantation.

Hope it works out for you.

Cheers k

3. The Following User Says Thank You to me+he&she=three For This Useful Post:

chances  (07-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I not sure if it is luck or not but I have been having regular acupuncture and having on transfer day and its resulted in 2 BFN. I am starting to wonder if it is worth it but I see heaps of people have it and have success.

Good Luck x

Thanks
    Reviews

I had a acupuncture before and after transfer for two IVF cycles. Got my BFP second go but who knows...?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MinnieMouse81 For This Useful Post:

chances  (07-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replys very helpful.

So Kathyp you had your session the day before transfer and then same day, after transfer?? Did your acupuncturist advise this?
    Just most research success's i have read recommends same acupuncture - more so pre transfer.

However the day before should be fine as i think acupuncture has a 24hr effect.

I just starting jabbing today which means scan next fri and go from there. But looking at dates its looking like my transfer (assuming we are all go) will happen when my acupuncturist is working! So thats one less worry as i really like her but i would change to ease my mind and go with research results. She only works wed - sat so limits things.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi yes - sorry missed noting - had a session day before egg pick up then afternoon before transfer (which was early morn the following day) then went straight to her after transfer on way home.

My acupuncture lady had an 80% success rate with ivf and also high success with Non ivf fertility assistance patients. Make sure you follow other directions they give you like pineapple core for implantation etc etc....Realize theres a lot of other factors at play and not just acupuncture contributing to the success but why not go for broke and throw everything you can at it - ivf is NOT easy and very little bit helps. Acupuncture is great for re-balancing the body and has a lot of impact on how you feel/think.

Very best wishes to you - hopefully you're one of the lucky first time BFPs!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Forgot to note - yes acupuncturist said day before is totally fine but to be sure I came in ASAP after )preferably within hours if possible)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies,

I am ringing my acu this morn so will see what she suggests and if I'm unhappy I guess Im going to have to change.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this thread is old, but wondering if anyone would like to weigh in on successes possibly due to acupuncture?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't recommend it enough! I do think you need to do your research tho and see someone properly qualified ideally someone who is based on traditional Chinese methods and in women's health.
    We are about to for baby #2 and have moved and I'm so upset I won't have my trusty acupuncturist - what area are you in?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to chances For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (05-09-2014)