+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default South east Melbourne

Hey ladies,
    I am currently 24 weeks and we live in qld but are moving interstate in about 8 weeks to the southeast area. I'm wanting to know of some good public hospitals I will be able to have bub at. I don't know the area at all as have always lived in qld. Could any one shed some light on this for me.
    Angs

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

If you don't mind me asking, whereabouts are you moving to?

Thanks
    Reviews

I birthed at Frankston Hospital in the middle of the union battle last year. The midwives were amazing and so was the Physio & lactation consultant. I had to wait sometimes after pushing the buzzer but that is pretty much my only complaint.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: South east Melbourne

We having found an exact location but from about ferntree gully, rowville and we at looking in narre warren too. So around those areas...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I went to Dandenong and they were fantastic, no issues at all. I know a few others who have had their kids there too and loved it. Avoid Casey I've heard a few not so nice stories from there.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JessaKye For This Useful Post:

AngeMariie  (31-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I've only heard good things about Casey which is where i'll be giving birth in January. All my appointments have been great so far and I'm really liking the feel of it. It's a newer hospital so can imagine they had a few teething issues. I've also heard no so great things about the ER at Casey, but only really good stories about maternity.

Frankston is supposed to be AMAZING tho.. so if you'll be closer to Frankston I'd go there. I think you get bad stories about all hospitals.. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: South east Melbourne

I've had two of mine at Casey Hospital, and found it fantastic. Our midwife was great, and any other midwives who we saw were good too. I had one land birth, and one waterbirth at Casey. Everyone was so respectful and caring. The hospital itself is clean and parking is easy and very close by. The one thing about Casey is that they are a low risk birth unit, so to birth there you need to have a low risk pregnancy.

My most recent birth was at Dandenong Hospital. I was originally at Casey (we'd originally planned a homebirth through their program) but developed a complication so had to transfer at 39 weeks. We were lucky that the midwife caring for us came with our transfer, and she was ace. Having her there made the whole experience easier. We were only at the hospital for 8 hours in total, and didn't leave the birth unit. Our room was ok, it was a bit draughty, but birthwise it had everything. Dandenong also don't do waterbirth, so had we had time to get in the bath, i was told i wouldn't be able to birth in there.

Personally, if i'd have had a choice i would pick Casey, i really loved my experiences there.
    Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

If you are in Ferntree gully/Rowville then The Angliss in FTG is meant to be really good. I suggest you do a tour of all the hospitals you are interested in and go with the one you feel comfortable with.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to One of THOSE mums! For This Useful Post:

AngeMariie  (31-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I have my Ds at dandenong and found them fantastic, have been told great things about William anglis aswell .