+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby wants really early bed time

Ok so this is a bit weird but I think I need to get on top of it asap.

DS is 4 months old and we still don't habeas any kind of a night time routine for him. Mainly because for the last couple of weeks he has been putting himself to sleep for the night really early.

As in, he will have a feed around 4-4:30pm and pretty much pass out after that. We put him down in his cot (he has day nap in there and it's quite light and he can hear the household noise, night sleeps are in our room and dark and quiet). He always stays asleep for hours!

I have tried gently waking him between sleep cycles (eg changing nappy) but he gets so cranky and falls back to sleep even on the change table!

He wakes a couple of times during the night (around midnight and 5am) then sleeps til 6:30am ish. He sleeps plenty during the day as well (3-4 naps about 1-2 hours long).

Normally I am happy to follow my mummy instincts and that is to let him sleep, but I just wonder if I should be intervening sooner rather than later?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Um, I don't understand the issue?
    If he wants to sleep, let him sleep?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Sounds fine to me. Are you worried he is sleeping too much? Or just don't want him asleep so early?

DD slept 6-6 till she was 2.5. Now at 3 it's 7:30-6. Then cat napped all day.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Baby wants really early bed time

Probably wasn't a good idea to post in the middle of the night, don't know if I made sense lol.
    When he falls asleep at 4pm, he is down for the night. It just seems really early for a bedtime, and I worry that he is too sleepy I guess.
    Last edited by Alphabetsoup; 31-08-2012 at 06:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    All my kids have gone to bed early (and still do now). Just means they are early risers. DD1 now goes to bed anywhere between 5 and 5.30 but thats only because I try to keep her up as long as possible. If she had her way she would be down for the night at 4.30!

So perfectly fine!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffyDucks For This Useful Post:

Alphabetsoup  (31-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I think just go with it!! If he's tired then, then let him sleep. I reckon he will slowly start staying up later, just keep doing your bedtime routine when you think he's tired and ready for the night.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Maybe if your a worried, try starting with pushing it back by 10 minutes for a few days at a time til you get the bedtime you want for him..
    I worry my 1 year old sleeps too much , he sleeps 2 2-3 hour a day n goes to bed at 630 n wakes around 530

10. The Following User Says Thank You to asurpriseontheway For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds great to me My 2 DSSs were the same and my 5 week old is going the same way. In a few weeks it will be daylight savings and 4.30pm will be 5.30pm

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews

Sounds completely normal to me. Both mine were in bed early at that time. An I hope this one will be to.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonkers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Baby wants really early bed time

Quote Originally Posted by littleriv View Post
    Sounds great to me My 2 DSSs were the same and my 5 week old is going the same way. In a few weeks it will be daylight savings and 4.30pm will be 5.30pm
    I'm in QLD so no daylight savings here, but thank you guys for the reassurance. Do you think I should do a bedtime routine (eg bath and book) still? It would have to be at around 3:30pm..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub