+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sleeping on tummy

I came in to check my DD tonight and for the first time ever she's asleep on her tummy. She's 7 months old and we bed share. Sorry if this sounds stupid but should I flip her over? I'm hesitant to go to sleep. She has oodles of tummy time and has had a strong neck from early on. I'm just worried cause she's dead to the world

Thanks
    Reviews

I freaked out the first time I saw my dd sleeping on her tummy too. Assuming she is rolling over during the day? If so then, flip her back over on her back for peace of mind by all means, but most likely you'll notice her sleeping like that more and more often. My children both (when they had the ability and choice) turned out to be tummy sleepers. My nearly three year old still sleeps on his tummy, legs curled up underneath him and bum high in the air.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Are her hands free? Can she push herself up and roll over?

Once DD started sleeping on her tummy at about 7mo there was no stopping her!

If you're worried, roll her over - but don't be surprised if she persists!

Thanks
    Reviews

Her hands are free yep. In the last fortnight she's been rolling like crazy. So I guess I need to expect more of this. My heart dropped when I first walked in and saw her. Not what I was expecting at all

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Sleeping on tummy

Once they can roll i dont think we can stop them. Just make sure the mattress is firm, no loose blanket, pillow etc near her head. When my son started to roll over he slept with his face facing down, i checked on hin every 5 mins, even touched to make sure he was breathing. A few days later he knew to tilt his head to one side, i felt so relieved!