+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you have a Bumbo?

They are great but my DD was too chubby for it when she was breastfeeding hehe. Her legs hardly fit in there. I used it more for feeding solids later on once she'd slimmed down but she was already sitting on her own by then!

Thanks
    Reviews

My DD loved hers, I'd put her in it with the tray, give her a board book or toy, and she enjoyed herself. Only problem was DD was a chubby little thing so she could only use it for a month (4-5mths).. It was only for that reason I though it was a waste of money.. Tho I've lent it to several friends, and no2 is on the way so...

If u can loan it off a friend or buy it second hand, I'd recommend that!

Thanks
    Reviews

Got one with the tray. Used it from 3 months old. Almost 20 months old now and we still use it, but bubba is skinny. We use it instead of a highchair as we had a small unit to start with. Also loves drawing in it now. Good for taking to friends houses for meal times as well if they don't have a highchair.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Do you have a Bumbo?

To those whose babies were too chubby to fit - how big were they? DS is 4 months but weighs 8.6kg and has lovely chubby legs, I'm wondering if he will fit lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    wasnt there a recall on bumbos recently?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Do you have a Bumbo?

Quote Originally Posted by trishalishous View Post
    Yes there was a voluntary recall but it was because of the lack of safety strap - which they are now providing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphabetsoup View Post
    To those whose babies were too chubby to fit - how big were they? DS is 4 months but weighs 8.6kg and has lovely chubby legs, I'm wondering if he will fit lol.

DD1 is 9 months now and 11kgs and she has such beautiful chubby thighs and she simply doesnt fit anymore.

Maybe go to one of those baby shops and see if you can try before you buy instore?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by trishalishous View Post
    Yes in the states I believe...

Common sense though.. Don't leave them unsupervised 😄

Thanks
    Reviews

My DD is 7 months old and has used hers from about 3 months old. I think it's an awesome invention

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really hate how popular Bumbo's are.

'Propping' a child up in a seated position before they are ready is not good for them. It teaches them incorrect postural alignment, which can lead to a rounded back and forward leaning head.
    Your baby is ready to sit when they are physically able to do it themselves. I know that babies are 'propped' up in other other devices (pram, swing etc.) but usually they are at least lying back a little which takes the pressure off their spine and neck...in a Bumbo they are upright and I've never seen a 3 month old sitting in one who doesn't look like it is struggling to hold itself up (even when people post pics on FB and comment about how strong their baby is...they don't look strong, it looks unnatural and awkward).
    I liken it to things like a jolly jumper, walkers etc...things that require the baby to be in an upright position....the age suggestion on those is from 6 months so I think a Bumbo should only be used from then too, but then what is the point, most babies are sitting up on their own around that age anyway.

Anyway, it is just my opinion, but no I have never used a Bumbo, would never use one and quite frankly I wish they would cease from existence.
    Last edited by Wastingtime; 31-08-2012 at 10:39.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wastingtime For This Useful Post:

Bizzybee  (31-08-2012),Luna Lovegood  (02-09-2012)