+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you have a Bumbo?

... And if so, do you and your baby like it?

Im thinking of getting one but unsure if they are worth the money. Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I was lent a bumbo but honestly didn't know what to do with bubs when she was in it. All it does is help them sit up. You can give then a toy but if they drop it they can't pick it up...it like she was stuck in this one position. So for me...I didn't like it and i definitely wouldn't buy one.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FluffyDucks For This Useful Post:

allforthem  (30-08-2012),Wastingtime  (31-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I've used a bumbo for all of my 4 daughters. We use it to help them sit up as bubbas love to feel included. Use it as a high chair on the ground or put toys infront of them.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

allforthem  (30-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, I have one and neither of my kids really liked it. My ds was too big for it before he could sit properly on his own. He got quite frustrated in it because like Michelle said he would drop a toy then couldn't reach it. So, when my dd came along I bought a table attachment for it thinking it would help. But my dd just wanted to get out and move. She was an early roller and she was much happier on the floor than sitting in the bumbo. It worked for maybe 3 - 4 weeks, then it wasn't much use as she'd just arch her back and basically get herself out of it! She also started sitting independently early, so it was redundant by then.

But, I know some babies love them and use them for ages.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mim1 For This Useful Post:

allforthem  (30-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

My DD loves her's, she isn't a sleeper so for me it was a godsend as she is a real little sticky beak and I just drag her all over the house with me while I do jobs. You can also get the trays to attach. I think it depends on your child though, borrow if you can because some bubs don't like them I'm a huge fan!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

allforthem  (30-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for your replies!

what age range are they best for? obviously when they have neck strength but would that be around 3-6 months?

Thanks
    Reviews

Got one.. Love it!

DD has been using it since bout 12weeks (once she was holding her head up) and obviously not for huge amounts of time then but I love it. She is almost 6mo now and still using it.

She sits outside with me while I hang out the washing.. She's in the kitchen with me while I cook.. And on more than one occasion she's in the bathroom while I shower!

I had mine given to me.. Honestly though I don't think I would have purchased one myself but I am glad I was given one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Yes! DD was really keen on sitting up I decided to get one later I got the tray which is really helping her sit without help balancing as she leans on the tray. It's easy to clean and I've been using it as a pre highchair. We've used it on the table while we eat dinner, outside while we garden or put clothes on the line, couch while I read or watch a show... I bough mine at big w for $54 I think, it was on discount then bought the tray for $19.95 but I saw them on eBay a lot cheaper (I just got impatient) also FYI if you buy one and it doesn't have straps to fasten bub you can order them online for free on their website.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had one with my DS. Used it from 3ish months to 7ish months (I think). I thought they were great.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Do you have a Bumbo?

I loved mine and wish I had it for my first two - dd loved it too as she is a very petite miss and was too small to sit properly in a normal high chair - I used it from 3.5mths to 8mths - she'd have all her meals in it, she'd sit in it in the bathroom while I bathed the boys - it helped to include her in various thing around the house and was compact enough to take away with us while we travelled at Xmas - well worth the money IMO

sent from my happy place while I steal 5min for myself