+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default **warning distressing** Charlotte Dawson in hospital after twitter attack.

I'm sorry but who are you to judge. This woman was being targeted for hours in a fashion suitable for pedo's, not for someone who was standing up against bullies.

I would love to see you survive hours of targeted threats and suggestion s to end your life and still feel confident in yourself.

I honestly can't believe the amount of people saying its a publicity stunt. If she wasn't in the public eye and this happened to her it would be a cry for help.

It doesn't matter what your personal opinion of this woman is, I'd be ashamed of myself for blaming her when she quite possibly was overwhelmed by such negativity.

Trolls can be found everywhere, and this is how you respond to someone who was game enough to track down a troll and call them out in it. What does it say about you.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bizzybee For This Useful Post:

beebs  (01-09-2012),Jenga  (01-09-2012),meatpopsicle  (01-09-2012),WorkingClassMum  (01-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: **warning distressing** Charlotte Dawson in hospital after twitter attack.

I dont think she deserves to bullied/attacked at all. It just rubs me the wrong way the way she has dealt with it. Im allowed to form an opinion on someone if i like? doesnt matter who they are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I find it fascinating that you seem to think there is a "correct way" to try and commit suicide, or to have a breakdown. That she is obviously attention seeking therefore she can't be depressed or suicidal.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyGuts View Post
    no, going on twitter holding pills and being all 'days of our lives' was.big attention moment. I hate it its so friggin highschool i have dealt closely with suicide and its quite often not something you see coming or warn others you are going to do unless you want a major sympathy vote.

That and the fact shes a fame who.re anyway. sorry might be harsh but i see it so much but im real desensitised to it now. If your gonna tell me your gonna kill yourself in some dramatic fashion or because of a break up. I dont believe you.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Ishtyban  (01-09-2012),WorkingClassMum  (01-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default **warning distressing** Charlotte Dawson in hospital after twitter attack.

I'm feel sick reading some of these replies, yeah all for attention yet she's been hospitalised as a result, she must have paid them off to get involved 😏

As for attention seeking, my brother posting about his updates while trying to take his life, he put himself in hiding and starting drinking a bottle of bourbon with 50 Valium! He did it so everyone could see why he was doing what he was doing but he still definitely did it, it wasn't simply for attention, he was hurting and wanted people to understand he couldn't live with the pain any longer after surviving Black Saturday.

Yet when I did I did keep it a secret as I knew no one would understand my pain. Doesn't make either attempt any different, just how we felt at the time.

People who go to this extreme do not do it just for some attention I can ensure you, the side affects of suicide alone are enough to not do this for attention.

Hope this makes sense (hardly slept) and those with harsh comments learn to pull their heads in when it comes to someone's mental state. None of you knew what she was going through so give the poor girl a break!

And yes, her 60 minutes segment was filmed before this incident as she is a stronger supporter of anti cyber bullying!

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to singlemumma82 For This Useful Post:

Atlantic Puffin  (01-09-2012),beebs  (01-09-2012),Jenga  (01-09-2012),Mahjong  (01-09-2012),Mod-Nomsie  (01-09-2012),Purple Lily  (01-09-2012),WorkingClassMum  (01-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have to agree with the above Singlemumma83.........

Just look at little Olivia Pendergast (sorry not sure of the spelling) who posted openly about wanting to commit suicide... In the end she did because no one took her seriously.

To say that ANY one who posts about wanting to die/commit suicide/hurt themselves is just looking for attention is a MAJOR cop out. Did you ever think that possibly even YES - They might very well be looking for attention, FOR HELP??

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atlantic Puffin For This Useful Post:

beebs  (01-09-2012),Guest1234  (01-09-2012),WorkingClassMum  (01-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok..
    so if you are going to commit suicide, please do not tell anyone or seek help or attention as people will just not believe you..
    If you really want to, just do it.. seek no help.. seek no attention.

Awesome advice.

If only the actor from "all saints" had reached out.. maybe he would still be with us.

Its very very dangerous to start telling people, you do not believe their cry for help.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

Atlantic Puffin  (01-09-2012),beebs  (01-09-2012),Jenga  (01-09-2012),Purple Lily  (01-09-2012),TheseBoysMumma  (01-09-2012),WorkingClassMum  (01-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: **warning distressing** Charlotte Dawson in hospital after twitter attack.

hmm i have a loved one that succeeded in committing suicide he went to great lengths to insure he would succeed but also sent a few texts and emails to a few friends at the last minute. friends he knew were too far away etc. its very clear he intended to succeed and not be saved. i think he just wanted to have the last word.

i hate this thread. hate seeing it in the feed. hate seeing some of the really insensitive comments. i just felt that some people need to know that sometimes people reach out, make contact for whatever reason. its not always a cry for attention. sometimes they follow through

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grumpysmurf For This Useful Post:

beebs  (01-09-2012),Purple Lily  (01-09-2012),WorkingClassMum  (01-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

My beloved uncle committed suicide last year, never said anything to anybody about it..nobody knew he felt that way. I can only wish that he would have gone all "days of our lives" and "showed off" to get attention and reach out for help. No wonder people suffer in silence... It doesnt matter wether you think it was a publicity stunt or not or wether you think that person is attention seeking...how else do you expect them to get help if thats really how they feel. With mental illness you cant question wether or not somebody is attention seeking or wether its fake.. it might just be the difference between somebody getting the help they deserve or pushing them over the edge and them ending their life.

Maybe we would have been able to help my uncle if he was being a so called "attention seeker". I agree with pps, the attitude in this thread is ridiculous.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

beebs  (01-09-2012),Gothel  (01-09-2012),Stiflers Mom  (01-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzybee View Post
    I'm sorry but who are you to judge. This woman was being targeted for hours in a fashion suitable for pedo's, not for someone who was standing up against bullies.

I would love to see you survive hours of targeted threats and suggestion s to end your life and still feel confident in yourself.

I honestly can't believe the amount of people saying its a publicity stunt. If she wasn't in the public eye and this happened to her it would be a cry for help.

It doesn't matter what your personal opinion of this woman is, I'd be ashamed of myself for blaming her when she quite possibly was overwhelmed by such negativity.

Trolls can be found everywhere, and this is how you respond to someone who was game enough to track down a troll and call them out in it. What does it say about you.
    I absolutely agree with this. I am shocked and disgusted at some of the callous and cynical comments on this thread. Suicidal breakdowns come in all shapes and sizes. I've lost a good friend who tried her best to get help for her mental illness but in the end found it too much for her, and I've lost another friend who threatened suicide over and over again for years and finally did it. Is one case less tragic than the other? No, it isn't. Honestly, this thread makes me SICK.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meatpopsicle For This Useful Post:

beebs  (01-09-2012),WorkingClassMum  (01-09-2012)

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews

Mental illness is horrible. The people who assume that talk about suicide or suicide attempts are "attention seeking" etc, have obviously not dealt with mental illness in themselves or someone close to them. Which is great, I hope you never ever have to deal with it. But like PP said, no wonder people suffer in silence when others are so judgmental! There's still a stigma attached to mental illness and it sucks. Believe me, you wouldn't wish for your worst enemy to be mentally ill.

We don't know what was going through Charlotte's head at the time or how she was feeling, this may well have been the last straw. I doubt she was doing it for publicity (if in fact she was then that's very sad and makes a mockery of everyone who's ever suffered.)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to missybubble For This Useful Post:

beebs  (01-09-2012)