+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    I don't think I support the idea of victims of verbal abuse being the ones who have to log off and walk away. What does this do to stop those who are inflicting the abuse? Nothing, they just move onto the next target.
    I wasnt really trying to say that would fix the bullying problem or that its fair.. not at all fair. there are some really nasty people online.
    I just more questioned why you wouldn't.. I mean I certainly would turn off facebook/twitter/bubhub if I felt harassed. We teach our children to walk away from bullies and tell someone, as opposed to engaging in a fist fight or continueing to be verbally abused and insulted or having a slinging match more often than not. I think when she reported that woman from the university she did the right thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: **warning distressing** Charlotte Dawson in hospital after twitter attack.

I really think that Helen Razor has got it right

http://justbaustralia.com.au/news/tr...-dawson-18976/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsdj1234 For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (31-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsdj1234 View Post
    I really think that Helen Razor has got it right

http://justbaustralia.com.au/news/tr...-dawson-18976/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using BubHub
    YES!!! THIS, THIS, THIS! ^^^^^^^ a thousand times over YES!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm all for free speech, but telling somebody to "neck themselves" on their twitter site isn't a necessary part of free speech. It's not like it is satire about a politician or something.

I don't know how people could get so upset about this woman anyway. I had never heard of her until a couple of days ago. Surely if people don't like her, they could just avoid whatever TV shows she is on and not subscribe to her twitter feed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (31-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default **warning distressing** Charlotte Dawson in hospital after twitter attack.

Yep. She's bang on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Wow - yep, I agree, bang on.

And interesting about those comments, trying to appeal to their humanity and empathy - but you can't because they don't have any. Scary thought indeed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow..
    I am an attention seeker, its a personality trait..

Its not really an excuse to be bullied.

Its like saying a girl in a short skirt should change clothes or be raped..

people should be allowed to be themselves without being hurt.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

mrsdj1234  (03-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: **warning distressing** Charlotte Dawson in hospital after twitter attack.

I am so sickened by the tweets she received, I just can't believe there are people that are so cruel! It makes me so worried for DD that there are so many ways to bully someone these days.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Isnt she the same person who 'bullies' people on her shows like ANTM? Im sure she was a nasty bi*ch on that show but its alright if its for ratings right? She has come out heaps of times and 'bullied' people but when it comes to her being bullied, its a different story.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default **warning distressing** Charlotte Dawson in hospital after twitter attack.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    I'm all for free speech, but telling somebody to "neck themselves" on their twitter site isn't a necessary part of free speech. It's not like it is satire about a politician or something.

I don't know how people could get so upset about this woman anyway. I had never heard of her until a couple of days ago. Surely if people don't like her, they could just avoid whatever TV shows she is on and not subscribe to her twitter feed.
    Yes. This.

I find her annoying and extraordinarily nasty, so I avoid anything she is involved with.

Seeking someone out on the internet to continuously attack them is a vile and cowardly display of behavior.