+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    Even if she is - people told a woman whose husband had hung himself that it was probably her fault. They would have done the same thing if they were married to her.

Really??

That's ok?

So what if Charlotte Dawson is a publicity junkie. She stood up for a follower of hers who got attacked simply because she defended her.

People who hide behind a computer screen and spew such vitriol are horrid.
    Absolutely agree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default **warning distressing** Charlotte Dawson in hospital after twitter attack.

I never said it was ok. I said the article is fishy, and Im sorry but I think this whole thing is a publicity stunt. Interesting timing. She's been all over the papers. The person has been caught. Call me cynical, and maybe I am.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: **warning distressing** Charlotte Dawson in hospital after twitter attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    I never said it was ok. I said the article is fishy, and Im sorry but I think this whole thing is a publicity stunt. Interesting timing. She's been all over the papers. The person has been caught. Call me cynical, and maybe I am.
    It's a strange one isn't it.

Who was she supposedly "protecting"? What did she do to create so much vitriol against her?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stiflers Mom For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (30-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default **warning distressing** Charlotte Dawson in hospital after twitter attack.

I hope this incident will lead to a change in laws. People should not be able to abuse people like this and get away with it. It is just so incredibly damaging and cowardly.

I'm glad she tracked down and revealed one of the abusers.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: **warning distressing** Charlotte Dawson in hospital after twitter attack.

I tend to agree that its a bit of a publicity stunt to almost "guilt trip" those twitter abusers.

However I think that the abuse she received on there was abhorrent and something needs to be done about it.

Mind you, if it was me then my action would probably be just to delete the stupid twitter account.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Grebbeci For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (31-08-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews

I have no idea how to use twitter, but that's is horrible! What is wrong with people today? How can people be so heartless. It makes me angry people can be so mean and disgusting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i didnt really like her until she was on tv the other night standing up for people who have been bullied. its disgusting that people would go to that.. really makes you think about mankind

And if it is a publicity stunt to make those who said those nasty things good!!! maybe next time they will think twice.. maybe next time the person will succeed. hopefully its knocked some sense into them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    ... it was my first thought tbh.

But I did read her twitter page it was pretty intense. But I dunno..I don't want to not believe someone if they truly are in that emotional situation and after being slammed so badly on the internet it feels pretty wrong to accuse her of lying... but my first thought when I saw on the project was is this real or is she trying to make a point.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    A young man who was an attention seeker did the same type of thing, put photos up of himself with a gun against his head, the responses he got were horrific, and he ended up killing himself with the webcam on. I don't care who it is, what they do, if they are an attention seeker or whatever. This needs to stop, it is absolutely disgraceful. That grown people act that way, without the slightest bit of empathy or compassion.

I was thinking about it last night, it seems like the perfect playground for the personality disorder inflicted. I bet if you caught all these people you'd find a bunch of them are Borderline Personality Disorder, narcissists, psychopaths, sociopaths etc

The law needs to be tightened, and people need to be prosecuted for this type of thing. Kids bullying in the playground get into more trouble than internet trolls.

The whole thing makes me sick - what is wrong with the world, what is wrong with people???

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (31-08-2012),giggle berry  (31-08-2012),~Marigold~  (31-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

If it is a publicity stunt, then I hope it gets the message across. I know too many people who claim to be against bullying but pass off their bullying as 'just being honest or having an opinion.'

I didn't see the bit with the woman from Monash but tracking down someone & going after them with a camera crew does come across as a bullying action to me.

Please don't think I'm condoning the woman's actions because I'm really not & I really am sorry if it does come across that way.

(Haven't slept well, having trouble expressing myself clearly)