+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep I hear you, we have a sandpit at home so it's a daily pain to make sure the least amount of sand ends up in the house. We have reverted to taking off shoes 10 meters from the door.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i hate it.
    HATE IT!!!
    my son is 9 and he comes home with sand in every pocket, his shoes, even all through his hair.
    he has just changed schools and they don't have sandpits for the upper primary.

i was actually thinking today how nice it has been to not have sand all through the house!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I strip my boys in the garage after school if need be I carry them to the shower, can't stand dirty/sandy floors

Quote Originally Posted by RunawayPrincess View Post
    I mostly hate it in the hair!! Does the powder work for in the hair?
    No....but the vac does

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Sand

I do the carry from door to bathroom too and I empty her shoes at the school before getting in the car, I figure they can keep their sand!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Sand

Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    I dream of a house right on the beach full of sand.
    This just reminded me of that episode of friends when they go to the beach house and it's full of sand!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sand

Hate!!!

I make my children empty their shoes before they come inside from school!

I swear I could have filled an entire sandpit with the amounts they bring home!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sand

I shuddered just from reading the title to this thread! :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Sand

We have a sandpit right down the end of the yard so by the time the kids get to the house most has been brushed off onto the grass.

On daycare days i take both DD's shoes and socks off to dust for sand before getting in the car - its worth the 5mins it takes compared to cleaning it out of the car and carseats

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Sand

Quote Originally Posted by Blossompossum View Post
    Another Sand hater here. Although last year ds pre school told me someone had written a letter to the school asking
    To not let
    The kids play in the sand pits anymore because she didn't like the sand in her kids shoes!! Think that's a bit over the top lol
    As tempting as it is, I just couldn't do that to DD. I ask her to not roll in it though, not that she listens

Thanks
    Reviews
    My parents had two cars when I was growing up. Mum's was the newer car and used for going to work/school, picking up grandparents, long drives and Dad's was the older car. And used for the beach. God forbid, if you took an impromptu beach trip in mum's car the hosing down and towelling off and kerfuffle that went on before you were allowed back in the car. When we got home it was through the side gate and thrown into the pool before you were allowed to step foot inside the house. And togs had to be taken off inside the shower hahaha.

I hate sand in bags. Or clothes. Or on my shoes (I have a very strict feet washing routine at the beach hehe). And it makes me cringe to even think about beach camping!! How do you cope with the sand in your tent!