+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Tell me about your first moments as a new parent

We walked in the door looked at each other at the baby and said " now what do we do? So we all went and had a nap

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Tell me about your first moments as a new parent

Mr little man.....2 days old .... Just looked at him lol after 2 girls i was still pretty excited to see bits down there during nappy changes .... 2 days later back up hospital due to complications and in the middle of being seen to in emergency dp had to leave to go to townsville for an unknown amount of time ..... Thankfully it was only one week .... But i had it altogether till dp got home . Then i was a mess. Somehow during that week by myself establishing breastfeeding and looking after 2 other ones was surprisingly easy! I broke down after dp got home.

A few things that helped
    1. Never expect ( anything )
    2. Tv stayed on 24/7 helped with background noise and never had to try and find the remote to turn it on just came out sat on lounge and it was already done :-)
    3. Friends, Family if they ask do u need help say yes yes yes .... And point to the housework. Don't let people hold the baby while u do it! ...... And grab ur sanity put it in a jar close it tightly and stick it on top of the fridge ..... Least u will remember where it is for later lol

I ramble to much :-)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to M.2. For This Useful Post:

Disney  (31-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for sharing your stories ladies, these are really great!

Thanks
    Reviews

This thread is the best!!! Any more advice???

Thanks
    Reviews

Have an idea of what the tired signs are before you have the baby and have a heap of meals frozen and ready to go so that it's one less thing you guys have to think about. We have a chest freezer and I had enough meals in there to last three weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

When I had DS we were living with my Dad so I had DP, my sister, 2 brothers and my Dad around. Dad cooked the food and my sister was a lifesaver at night staying up if I wanted company or watching DS with DP while I got some sleep. I have no idea hoe I'll go this time around bringing home a baby and looking after DS with only DP to help.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

*how. Grr autocorrect!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

We got home and put her in her cradle and thought now what do we do?
    I didn't want to leave the hospital as I was having trouble feeding but my midwife gave me a blue piece of paper with amount of ebm to give dd and a rough plan if she wouldn't attach so I clung to that and it was my safety blanket.
    But although we had no idea what we were doing it somehow felt natural and I knew we would be ok.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

Disney  (31-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

With my first, those first moments I felt so awkward. I was so in love and in complete awe but had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I brought him home about 6 hours after he was born and my mum stayed with me that night. Too easy I thought, the came the second night, and wasn't that the night from hell! I ended up ringing my mum at 5am in tears, after no sleep and a baby who just would not settle. That was my freak out, and I'd rate it about a 8. Another one followed a few days later when all I wanted was a shower but this baby would not stop crying. Then my mum came over and as soon as he was in her arms he stopped crying. That's when my tears started and I remember being sure that my baby hated me!
    So if anything, my advice is to keep calm. Baby will pick up on how you are feeling and if you are stressed, baby will be stressed. I've adopted that with my second and she is generally a really chilled out, content little bub

12. The Following User Says Thank You to peanuthead For This Useful Post:

Disney  (31-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Disney!

I am not sure if any other IVFers have posted before me. But here is my story.

My labour and birth happened really quickly but luckily my mum and DHs immediate family made it to the hospital in time. Not that I wanted them in the birth suite, but I wanted my mum in particular nearby. I remember being so extremely excited to show off my baby to mum and asked if she can come in already while I was being stiched up! The OB said just to wait a few more minutes. When mum came in I asked her if she knew dd's name. DH went out shortly after the birth and announced it was a girl! So I just assumed he told them her name too. But when mum answered no I fought back the tears and said her name. My mum just stared lovingly at her and thought her name was beautiful.

Then we were transfered from the birthing suite into our own room. Everyone followed and the nurse brought me some food and we just chatted for a while. Given that it was 3am in the morning everyone started to leave. Then it was just DH, DD and I. We all cuddled on the single hospital bed. DH fell asleep and I laid there holding her and just cried and cried and cried. I couldn't believe that I was finally holding our IVF miracle. I held her and cried while watching the sunrise. I will never forget that moment.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

Disney  (31-08-2012)