+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Wrap me ups, woombies etc

I've seen lots and lots of positive comments on here about wrap me ups, woombies etc. I tried a wrap me up on 2.5 week old DS for the last couple of nights and it seems somehow "wrong" to truss him up like that! Does anyone else feel funny about them?

It occurred to me that he can't have his little legs bent like newborns normally do. Has anyone had trouble with bubs hips as a result of using things like these? I have a couple of woombies in the cupboard to try but they seem even more straight and restrictive for the hips?

Any feedback on either would be great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I used a wrap me up on DD2 as a newborn and it never seemed to restrict her legs.
    She usually slept with her legs 'frogged' like all babies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

When DD was a newborn I swaddled her for sleeps at home, especially overnight, and used the wrap me up when we were out. From about 3 months or so I just used the wrap me up for all her sleeps. She's just turned 1 and I still use them! We are starting to wean her off being wrapped though.

There should be sufficient room for bub to move their legs fairly freely.

Thanks
    Reviews

DD loved her 'Love To Dream' suits and the transition later to sleeping with her arms out was easy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

I used the wrap me up suits for DS until he started rolling in his bassinet. He was still able to have his legs in the groggy position. I was quite sad when I had to stop using them as I was worried it would be hard to transition him to arms out but he adjusted to sleeping bags ok. If you are worried about your little ones legs but still want their arms covered, have you looked at sleepy wings? I also used these with DS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I wrap DD but she could bend her legs if she wanted to. For her it was more about the harms as she would swat herself in the face and wake herself up or slap her dummy out. Anyway she's an escape artist and so far the one that's worked the best is kiddopotamus swaddle wrap. I found it on eBay but before I bought it on eBay I found it at my baby warehouse.