+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Work from home/work school hours/don't work school holidays

Hi
    I'm currently looking into different careers for when both kids are in school.
    For those with school age children, what works best; to work from home/work school hours//don't work school holidays?
    Trying to think ahead
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Work from home/work school hours/don't work school holidays

Hey there,
    I am currently a distributor for Penny Miller. I love the freedom I have regarding my work & family life, as I take my 2 boys aged 7 months & 4 years for a walk while I deliver my catalogues. I have also worked as an office manger for a small company, I loved my boss & work,but the cost of daycare & fuel really didn't work out cost effective.. So with Penny Miller I can earn & spend time with the kids at the same time!.. No worrying about school holidays ect!.. Hope this post helps!.. O_o

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm a childcare worker by trade, so do that from home. I can do overnights and weekends, as well as regular weekdays. I do respite weekends that are very popular.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Work from home/work school hours/don't work school holidays

I'm a pathology collector at a medical centre. I work monday to friday 8.30 - 3.30 so I can drop off and pick up from school and still do after school activities. In the holidays dd and ds either stay at home with my partner if he isn't working, go to my mum's or my sisters. Also their father usually has them for one week of the holidays.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What do they do until you pick them up after 3.30? Our school only has supervision until 3.15, then any left after that time go to the office and the parents are contacted.

Thanks
    Reviews

They get out at 330. I'm always waiting for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I'm a childcare worker by trade, so do that from home. I can do overnights and weekends, as well as regular weekdays. I do respite weekends that are very popular.
    God I wish you were in my area...I'd be your best customer!!

Anything in education is good for the hours, I'm not a teacher but work in a support role so am able to work around the school thing. Jobs from 9-3 are almost impossible to find, then there's the issue of getting to and from school, so out of school hours care is often necessary. I'll be using it next year- I'm lucky to have a local school that has no waitlist so we're guaranteed a place.

Just a flexible and understanding employer can be gold though. If you and your partner (if you have one) can make arrangements to split the care of kids out of school hours, it can be doable. I try to do this with my ex, we work different hours so we manage. Just lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Community Care (Aged Care) we have several school mums who work 9 til 1430, just need a cert 3 in aged care or community care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

I work in aged care in a facility and they don't have school hours available so I use both before and after school care. I only know of 1 shift but that is from 11-4pm that is the most school friendly in my facility.

I am also a casual so work when I want or when I get called up for shifts which is literally everyday.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub