+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Men at baby showers?

Have you been to a 'mixed' baby shower? Thrown one? Had one of your own? Is it taboo to invite men?

Im 20 weeks and starting to think about it.. I'd really love to not exclude anyone based on what body parts they have. And really want DP to be there! But as always the passive side of me thinks I should just follow the trend of traditional girls only shower to avoid any weird reactions.

If you had men. did you entice them with beer and bbq? Did they try to escape? Or did they equally love competing in the games you play?

I might also add.. I have never been to a baby shower before.. so this will possibly be my first! All tips, suggestions and feedback welcome!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 'games organiser' for my friends baby shower. She has lots of male friends, who are friends of her partner that have all supported her and been there for her so she had a mixed baby shower. They are young (19) so i didnt think they'd be very interested in all the baby games but even though they put on a front to begin with they really go into in and it was so much fun.

ETA: There was alcohol there, they didnt really disappear (only those who smoked or to get drinks) but they did all sit together basically.

They were involved in all games, but i did have one game that was for them only to make them feel special haha
    Last edited by Bennos Mummy; 30-08-2012 at 10:57.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

crazyaboutbubs  (30-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Men at baby showers?

I had men at my first one (though they just stood outside talking about man stuff) but my second one was planned by girlfriends and it was just ladies and a couple of byo babies.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had all women and my DH

Thanks
    Reviews

We had a baby shower with everyone. We had a BBQ and it was more just to celebrate that we were having a baby, was a fantastic day. We did games in the backyard (mostly for the men) but everyone got involved and games inside (typical baby shower games) that the ladies did. It really was a great day.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by fionaalice View Post
    I had all women and my DH
    Very brave of your DH!

Loving all these ideas! I really want to include everyone so good to get ideas.

Thanks
    Reviews

I organised my own and had DH and a few older men, who didn't really participate, just sat together. We had it at a function centre so had a bar so they could get their beers! DH participated in the games though, the best one was the women had to try and get a doll unswaddled, nappy changed and redressed and swaddled and then DH had to try and beat their time lol. He is not a shy man though!

If I had more guys at DHs age I would of done the game where they have to drink from the baby bottle the fastest and would of filled them with beer! 😄

At the end of the day it's their baby too so I thought it only fair to include DH.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarelou For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like Happymum2, we had a get together for everyone before we had our first bub. It was really fantastic and we both got to share the day! We had finger food and drinks and we invited all our friends, family and old family friends to celebrate becoming parents. We didn't do games, but we had pink and blue napkins, balloons and things like that.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

I invited one male friend, who really got into all the games and discussions.

Also had two of my cousins husbands just come on the day but they escaped to the park with the kids for most of it. Were only really there for food, chat and presents.

I suppose it depends on the guys you're inviting and if you think they'll enjoy it or would rather pass.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to giggle berry For This Useful Post:

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had just girls but if I ever had another one Id make it a casual mixed BBQ.