+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When I was pregnant with #4 I knew beyond any doubt that we were done. Even if the worst had happened I wouldn't have had another pregnancy, it was enough. DH agreed and had the snip a few months before DD was born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have 3 kids, 3 miscarriages and will start TTC our 4th (hopefully term) baby in a few months time.
    I don't think I will 'feel' done. I believe if we have a girl (we have 3 boys) my husband will feel done as he is longing for a daughter. I'm just longing for another soul to love and baby to nurture.
    I don't believe I will ever feel done. I always have wanted 5 though so that's my limit.
    I let nothing influence out lives but our own minds. No body else will be walking in our shoes so how do they know what's best for us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumtobodie View Post
    I am pregnant with number 4, as soon as I got pregnant I knew our family will be complete when she is born.
    This! Exactly! 3.5 weeks to go until our family is complete....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 30 weeks pregnant with number 6, and I finally, totally and honestly feel 'done'. The thought of having another baby after this one makes my skin crawl lol!

DH will get the snip done soon after this one is born. But in fact, as lambjam felt as well, if the worst happened and we didn't get a take home baby, I don't think I could go through another pregnancy after this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes! Me too.. This is my 5th pregnancy (4th baby) and we've decided that even if something happened... We couldn't do this again. Heartbreaking decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are so done biologically however if we run into some $$ we may adopt or I am really interested in foster care. My husband happy to adopt not sure on foster care. I feel like I have so much left to give children even if they are not biologically my own I would love and welcome them like they are :-)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to moof3boys For This Useful Post:

VanityFey  (31-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are done I have had my tubes done we made the choice after getting dd's and ds3's diagnoses that we wouldn't risk bringing another MPS baby into this world to suffer

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my first when I was 17. I had 2 boys who are now 21 & 18 to my first husband. Then I was lucky enough to find my wonderful husband who has a daughter to his first marriage, who is about to turn 13 at the end of April.
    When we got together, his daughter was 3 and my 2 were 8 and 11.
    We also have a daughter together, who is now 8yrs.
    We thought our family was complete, so when our daughter was 9mths old, hubby had the snip.
    But sometimes the head and the heart don't go hand in hand, and after many tearful moments realised that the vasectomy was a premature.
    After lots of talking (I have such an awesome husband), hubby decided to get it reversed. We thought we had good chances of success as it had only been 18mths between vasectomy and reversal.
    But after 2 1/2yrs of charting, and doing everything we could to increase hubby's sperm count. Nothing happened.
    We decided to try and move on and be happy with what we have.
    But I secretly hoped something would happen.
    It has been over 5 years since reversal, and nothing.
    We had thought about doing IVF, but it was way to exspensive in New Zealand, so we just tried to move on.
    But the heart wants what the heart wants and as I get older the desire hasn't gone away.
    Since moving to Australia and seeing the opportunity of a much cheaper IVF option, it has renewed my interest in actually going forward and having another baby.
    So we have an appointment in July and I am hoping after all this time we will be blessed again before my fertile window closes forever.

It is great if you get to that place where you know you are finished, but for those who know they are not, I wish you all the best in completing your family, when ever that may be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH and I have 5 and I don't have that 'done' feeling everyone talks about. DH does and realistically I know that there are so many reasons why we can't/shouldn't have any more so he is going to get the snip this year.

I know I'll always long for another baby but it has to be done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have 5 and sadly we are done. We're at our limit for the car, the house and come money too, they are expensive