+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I can relate to you OP, we had number 3 just 10 months ago and we were convinced he would be our last after we suffered a miscarriage imbetween #2 and #3, we always said we would have 4 but technically i've been pregnant 4 times already. But since having #3 I am just not finished, I feel nervous about how my body would cope with another, which is why I think that number 4 would defeniatly be our last. Mentally I think I could keep going forever but money wouldn't allow, hubby wouldn't cope, my body wouldn't cope. I'm 23 (24 soon) and I said to DH I can't just up and him get a vasectomy just yet, I just felt so freaked out by saying "hi i'm 23 years old, ive got 3 kids and i'm done" I couldn't shake it, so we have decided to go for number 4, hubby could happily stop at the 3 we have but he knows how much it means to me and i'm the "maternal" one and he wouldn't refuse my heart feelings like that. We have our own place and we do ok financially but we still get the "having 4 is so expensive" etc.. I just ignore it because at the end of the day it's nobody elses choice but you and your partners. You only live once and if this is something you're going to regret for the rest of your life then I think it's important to defeniatly go for it, that's what it came down for, for me. If I stopped now purely for money then I think i'd never forgive myself and be eternally jealous, upset and angry towards other women with 4 children because I didn't get to complete my family, life is too short to have those kind of regrets so that's what influenced our decision I hope everything works out for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, i have 4 ages 16,13,12 and 7 (3 boys, 1 girl) im 37. I lost twins in early pregnancy last year and decided no more but my husband really wants to try again. I love my children to bits and think it would be selfish having another now as my eldest will be 17 soon and feel the age gaps are getting too big, i dont know why i feel like id be cheating my children or something like oh well your all older now time to start again with the cute baby days out etc....
    I always wanted a large family but now i'm thinking too much about what my children might think! My little girl i feel misses out as she has no one to play with the boys are into gaming boy things and have lttle time for her, i really dont know what to do!
    Has anyone got older children and had babies, how did the older ones feel? x x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    We have 5 and whilst the urge is there for more, DH is booked for the snip

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im pregnant with #4. I am very done. No more babies for me. I dont enjoy pregnancy at all, I have nasty SPD and its very difficult for me. I feel no need to have any more children, and in fact, this is 2 more than I had for myself in my "life plan".

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Parents with 4 or more kids, are you done?

I'm pregnant with #4 and am soooo done! I really don't like being pregnant , just love what it brings you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    my 1st partner and i had 4 children together, our first was unplanned (i was 17 & he was 18) but our second and third were planned, just so happened our third turned out to be twins, lol.

We have since split and share custody of the kids, an d Im pregnant with my 5th but 1st with my new partner. Brandon and my kids with Reid all get along very well but hes always talked about his want for a 'big' family which im starting to think he means as well as my four. I dont actually feel done yet although I might change my mind when this one comes along! Financially we are very stable but there is always time, I'm only 22 after all lol

Dont know how Id cope with 6/7/8+ kids running around, 5 is going to be quite enough for now methinks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rught after I had number 4 I felt like I could have more, but DH was adament that he was done. I convinced myself I was happy with that decision, but really wanted more.

Now, we are TTC for number 5! I would like a couple more but he is saying last one, but you never know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When I was pregnant with number 4 I didn't want anymore children at all. I would tell people I'm 1000% done but as soon as she was here I was devastated I had my tubes tied. I'm booked to have a reversal soon and hope for number 5 late next year

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am pregnant with number 4, as soon as I got pregnant I knew our family will be complete when she is born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I still really want more, but for now I'm happy with what I have. I wouldn't lose sleep over it if I never had more. Thanks for the replies ladies