+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Pirate party (was awesome) Princess party ( was SO awesome) Races party (for 7yo boys) Cooking party They're the only themed ones I've done. I LOVE themed parties, they are one of my only creative outlets these days, so I put alot of effort into them!
    Hi Looking at doing a princess party for my turning 3 year old in Nov and was wondering what you did? Never done anything like this so looking for inspiration and ideas! Thanks, Di

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have organized the following for various family members

Princess& pirates - DD1's 1st bday

Cupcake - DD1's 2nd bday

Beach theme (at home in winter) - cousin's 16th

Masquerade Ball- at home - twin cousins 16th

Mad hatter Tea party - my 27th

High tea - friend's baby shower

Footy party - DH's 30th

Flappers and Gangsters - brothers 25th

Bollywood - my aunts 50th - coming soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ds's birthday themes:

1st birthday - Winnie the Pooh
    2nd birthday - Trains
    3rd birthday - Thomas (the tank engine)
    4th birthday - Trains/Thomas (mmm, recurring theme huh? - this was a more low key party and not strongly themed)
    5th birthday - Pirate party (very themed, lots of fun)

dd's 1st birthday will probably be butterfly themed, but it might be owl themed - tossing up between the two or combining the two.

My 21st was Christmas themed (my birthday is just after Christmas). Otherwise I haven't really done themed parties.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default "spin off" kids party themes

My DD is turning 1 and we are throwing her a garden party( inside our garage) lots of flowers, butterfly's, we have covered the ceiling with white fabric to give it a tent feel, draped the walls in soft fabric all pastel coloured, I love themed parties and I LOVE to decorate! It makes it so much more exciting!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

For SD this year we are having a Tiaras, Tutus & Tea theme. Basically like a high tea. We are having it in our garden at home. I've been buying little tea cups here and there. I've sewn lace onto little white gloves, bought a paint your own tea-set so they can all paint a teacup to take home (I will paint the four teacup pots and use them as flower holders). The girls will decorate a cupcake as one activity... It's all very hands on and I'm hoping for organised chaos! (There will be 12 7/8year olds and yes, drop and run parents!) It's pretty much all planned, I just need to make the invites etc (I've already designed them) and the party isn't until November!

I love to plan events and so for my cousins I've done:
    - pirates
    - rainbow
    - goblins and ghouls
    - under the sea
    - mermaids under the sea (so just a bit more girly)
    - princesses
    - moviestars (was a sleep over)
    - dance party
    - gymnastics
    - fairies (multiple times!!)
    - my little pony
    - winter wonderland
    - elmo
    - flowers
    - cupcakes
    - carnival
    - colours (like we had a "purple" party and a "pink" party)
    - horses
    - soccer
    - sports
    - Hawaiian
    - Grease

Hmm I think that's it. It's my DD's first birthday next year and I'm thinking either Rainbow or Under the Sea... DH has his annual trip to the States soon so I need to get onto it.

Some days I think I should be an event planner haha.

Thanks
    Reviews

I love doing my kids parties. Think my favourite one so far was princess them, all the guest came dressed up. I bought a cheapie red plastic table cloth and stuck it to the floor as guests arrived they got their pics taken on the royal red carpet.
    We had a palace scene setter so the room really looked great. We did Cinderella style invites.
    We've also had-
    Pooh bear(1st tons of balloons)
    Tinkerbell (also a good one)
    Hi-5
    Rainbow
    Ladybug
    That's all DD, DS has only had 1 and it was just all blue and green :S poor DS not so good with the boy themes yet!

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm doing my first themed party this weekend for DS's 2nd birthday - its a construction theme - looking to be awesome!!