+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default "spin off" kids party themes

Without derailing the other thread I would love to hear what themes/parties you have held for your kids over the years? I love parties and my DS is 2 in 2 months so I'm in the process of organizing a play school party, last year we had a pirate party what did you do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    The only themed party we've had was a circus/carnival theme. That was for DD's 6th birthday.

The cake was circus-themed, and I tried to "fun fair" theme the food - we had mini hot-dogs (would have done mini dagwood dogs but they took too long), fairy floss, plastic shot glasses with mini M&Ms in them, kabana and cheese skewered on toothpicks that had little foil pinwheels on the end, jelly cups in the colours I was mostly using for hte birthday party (blue and red).

For games we had a rubber ducky pick-up thing... where some had a smiley face underneath. If a kid picked one with a smiley face, they got to pick from a prize box.

Did pass-the-parcel.

Pin-the-nose on the clown (I just made the clown poster coz I couldn't find one).

Tin Can Toss (you got a prize if you knocked down the tin cans - I just wrapped some tin cans up in decorative paper and used juggling balls to knock them down).

I filled the trampoline up with balloons too, which they spent ages playing on.

There were face paint crayons and bubbles everywhere for the kids to play with, and I had circus/carnival music playing.

Obviously if I had more money I'd have had pony rides and a clown or magician perform... but I was too poor for that. lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Pirate party (was awesome)

Princess party ( was SO awesome)

Races party (for 7yo boys)

Cooking party

They're the only themed ones I've done. I LOVE themed parties, they are one of my only creative outlets these days, so I put alot of effort into them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

We've done
    Wiggles
    Scooter/skateboard
    AFL
    Farm
    Reptile - hired someone to bring in reptiles and do a show. It was awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews

I've only had 2 parties so far... For DD1s first birthday we did butterflies and DD2s first birthday a couple weeks back, we did babushka!

Next year for DD1s 3rd birthday I'm hoping to do Playschool, so would love your ideas, LOL!

Thanks
    Reviews

Would love to do a Tinkerbell one too!
    Last edited by babylove81; 30-08-2012 at 09:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

1st birthday - teddy bears picnic
    2nd birthday - wiggles party
    3rd birthday - cars (Pixar/racing)
    4th birthday - circus carnival

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've only done one themed party- most of ours are the no frills backyard/park variety. But my DD had a high tea for her 8th or 9th. Still at home but we made it look pretty and had pretty cupcakes, Turkish apple tea, punch, pretty glasses, chocolate dipped strawberries etc. It was really nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by babylove81 View Post
    Would love to do a Tinkerbell one too!
    I'm helping organise my nieces tinker bell 1st birthday ! the USA is unreal for party theme stuff, except of course play school! There is hardly any play school stuff so I'm making it all myself - luckily I have a client that is a brilliant cake maker , I gave her DS stuffed play school humpty and she is re creating it in a cake! ( she did this with his pirate rattle for his 1st!) I'll let you know what else I find!

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=CMF;6800225] Princess party ( was SO awesome) HI, Just wondering what you did for the princess party? Thinking of having one for my turning 3 year old DD in November and am looking for ideas. Never done anything like this.. Thank you, DI