+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: **Sensitive topic** Giving birth to a baby to donate its organs

In certain circumstances I would seriously consider it. Yes I would be devastated that my child would not live to grow up, but I would feel better knowing that my child has touched many more ppls lives.
    I think it all depends on the parent's thoughts and feelings on donations. I am a blood donor, egg donor and wish to be an organ donor if possible, so to say I wouldn't allow my children's organs donated doesn't sit well.
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsdj1234 For This Useful Post:

Izy  (03-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think it sounds like a reasonable idea if that's what the parents want to do.

I, however, would not want to put my body through the trauma of having a baby if I didn't have to (if it was before a certain point gestation, for example), and I also wouldn't want to live with the trauma of seeing my baby die. If it came out, was alive and then died, that would be so much worse, IMO, than just having a termination and grieving like that.

It wouldn't be something I could do.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I wouldn't consider carrying specifically because I expected the baby to die and wanted to donate. If my baby died, then I would consider donation.

Thanks
    Reviews

I do not believe i could terminate my baby. (having never been in a situation that may offer that option i can not say i would not).

I think if my baby was deemed non viable and did die i think i would like to donate its organs.

Again having never been in the situation i would not say i would make aby specific decision

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think it should be up to the mother/parents. I'm not sure if it's something I could do, but I also wouldn't carry an unwanted pregnancy/baby and put it up for adoption which is a lot of pro lifers solution for abortion.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default **Sensitive topic** Giving birth to a baby to donate its organs

What!!! This person is saying to kill a child... Birth defect is not a death sentence! Unless the child is terminally ill and dies of natural causes theres no right way to look at it!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ciaomamma View Post
    What!!! This person is saying to kill a child... Birth defect is not a death sentence! Unless the child is terminally ill and dies of natural causes theres no right way to look at it!
    There are many birth defects that are a death sentence. And for birth defects that aren't, you would find that no medical professional would allow for the child's life to be terminated for organ donation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    I wanted to birth my twins to help science, but my OB decided that it would be too emotional for me, and so booked me in for a D&C. I still regret that.

I don't think I could carry a baby purely for donation, but if this was my baby that was growing already and my option was late term termination, or carry to term and donate them, I'm 99% sure I would carry to term.

It would be a way of saying my baby had purpose and meaning, and brought joy to others. I truly think that despite the trauma and the stress, it would still bring me peace. Especially since at later stages you still have to birth your baby, even if they pass...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

babybabycakes  (03-09-2012)

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    harsh topic and one i have thought about but not spoken about, for me if i was carrying a baby that was incompatable with life ( or said to be ) and it would depend on the level of incompatable i would consider all options and i think most likely would be to carry to term ( or as close to as i could ) and once the baby is born get a better idea of the condition as not every baby is text book to there syndrome then if knowing from that the baby would have not going to make it or ever life with out FULL life support I would consider the option of organ donation before with drawing support, i would also want to get a clear picture that there would be no sign of life with out the machines but yes if it came to it and there was organs viable for transplant i would consider it, and i think my decision would be to donate the organs i cant say for sure unless in that sitution but in my heart and head now that is what i think i would do.