+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: When to stop sleeping on my back?

As long as you are comfortable to! You would definitely know to roll over before any damage was done to bubs anyway- you would be nauseous, feint and in pain. So don't worry about it, enjoy whatever sleep in whatever positions you can!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been told the same as Mulva - you'd get uncomfortable before it did any damage.
    I'm 36 weeks and haven't slept on my back since about 6 weeks. To start with it was because of wind - if I slept on my back I got very uncomfortable. Now, the pressure on my back isn't comfortable. I also sleep almost exclusively on my left side. Again, not because I'm "supposed" to... but because I'm less likely to be woken up by heartburn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 28 weeks and I dutifully fall asleep on my left side like a good girl, and then wake up on my back. I've asked my husband to roll me over if he happens to wake up to find me sleeping on my back.

I heard 14 weeks was the cut off for sleeping on your back, but if you end up that way during the night I'm sure it's not a huge deal (I hope).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd say whenever your body tells you it's uncomfortable. I'm 12 weeks and still back sleeping sometimes. There's not much pressure on my back yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default When to stop sleeping on my back?

I slept on my back for ages!! It was the only way I could breathe through my nose! If it makes you feel better, a pillow under your right bum cheek will tip the pressure off any veins. But, like a pp said, you would know long before you did any damage

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a back sleeper. With my first, I got to about 27 weeks, with my 2nd I got to about 23 weeks and with my last I had to roll over at 18 weeks....

With each of them, oh my lordy, the first sleep once I gave birth was absolutely heaven. I was stretching out flat on my back like a cheshire cat... Pure bliss!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When it starts to feel uncomfortable I started to feel light headed that's when I knew to stop.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default When to stop sleeping on my back?

I have a slight issue as I most comfortably sleep on my side/front. I'm almost 15 weeks and am dreading when this is going to start becoming uncomfortable.

Sorry for the thread hijack, just wanted to share my pain lol :-)