+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 6 weeks & off the veggies! Help!

Hi Minipolly!

Hope all is going well. I was the same as you and after trying to eat really healthily after eating strictly while TTC, all I could stomach was carbs in early pregnancy and it was all that filled me up too. It did pass. I did put on a stack of weight early though but now that DD is 4 months old, I only have a few kg to go

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MinnieMouse81 View Post
    Hi Minipolly!

Hope all is going well. I was the same as you and after trying to eat really healthily after eating strictly while TTC, all I could stomach was carbs in early pregnancy and it was all that filled me up too. It did pass. I did put on a stack of weight early though but now that DD is 4 months old, I only have a few kg to go
    Hi minniemouse!! Great to hear from you, hope all is going well with your DD.
    I'm putting on a bit of weight already too which isn't great but it isn't excessive so not too concerned. If I remember right, you had OHSS too didn't you? Did that make it worse?
    Hope all is well xox

Thanks
    Reviews

All is going well! She's growing lots and lots so happy to hear about your pregnancy too.

I put on 18kg in my pregnancy and was 4kg up at my 8 week scan! I was showing really early as I was only 60kg pre pregnancy weight. I lost 11kg in the birth though and now am about 65kg. You sound like me and you know how to look after yourself. My pregnancy diet was not ideal but I didn't beat myself up over it. I was so hungry in the beginning I felt sick if I didn't eat all the time. Yep I had OHSS but I lost that fluid weight before I got pregnant as that was from the cycle before. I don't think that was really relevant to my weight gain.

All the best. When's your scan?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 6 weeks & off the veggies! Help!

I was so sick in the first trimester when pregnant with my dd, the only things i could stomach were vegemite on toast & 2 minute noodles! My gp said as long as i was taking my vitamins it would be ok. I felt much better in the second trimester & was able to eat healthy again.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MinnieMouse81 View Post
    All is going well! She's growing lots and lots so happy to hear about your pregnancy too.

I put on 18kg in my pregnancy and was 4kg up at my 8 week scan! I was showing really early as I was only 60kg pre pregnancy weight. I lost 11kg in the birth though and now am about 65kg. You sound like me and you know how to look after yourself. My pregnancy diet was not ideal but I didn't beat myself up over it. I was so hungry in the beginning I felt sick if I didn't eat all the time. Yep I had OHSS but I lost that fluid weight before I got pregnant as that was from the cycle before. I don't think that was really relevant to my weight gain.

All the best. When's your scan?
    Thanks minniemouse my scan is next week Wednesday the 12th sept so I will be 8 weeks then. Can't wait!! And yes loving the carbs!!

Thanks
    Reviews

I went through that at around 7 weeks, but it only lasted a week or two. I figured that keeping something down, even if not the healthiest option, was better than nothing! Just eat what you can, take a multivitamin and try not stress. Your body is telling you what it needs right now. You can load up on fruit and veggies once these aversions reduce.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh and my ob was never concerned either. I was small to start with and my weight actually plateaued a bit. I remember I said to DH I didn't want to get to 80kg and I didn't despite thinking that was impossible!