+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Honestly, just get through the first trimester in whatever way you can. The whole three months just suck. If you can't eat veges, then make sure you take a folate supplement and then just eat what you want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 6 weeks & off the veggies! Help!

I read somewhere that fruit has just as much of the nutritional "goodies" as veggies, so just keep eating fruit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

Exact same thing happened to me in the first trimester. In fact anything other than plain potatoes and mac and cheese made me want to vomit.

I like you was really stressed about my growing baby and I went to the doctors. The doc said that babies are not big enough to be getting sustenance from the food we eat and just tend to suck (for want of a better word) the good stuff from us. Doc just said as long as I was on a good pregnancy multi vitamin bubs was getting everything he needed.

Like everyone else said just after first trimester I suddenly wanted tasty food again. Though have not touched mac and cheese since lol. So dont feel like this is what the rest of the pregnancy will feel like.

Docs advice was just eat what you feel like you can hold down even if it is odd cause you really need energy most of all.

Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by minipolly2b View Post
    Hi girls, I'm 6 weeks today and can't stand the thought of eating any vegetable!!! I usually love veggies and eat tonnes of them so this is a big shock for me, any tips? They smell and taste so disgusting to me right now they make me vomit.... Surely there's a way around this? I feel so guilty if I can't have veggies, I know how important they are for bub.
    Hehehe maybe your having a BOY lol! im 23 weeks and totally off anything remotely healthy! Im currently eating CARBS CARBS CARBS, anything deep fried, hot chip sandwiches....my god wondering when it will stop lol..... sure enough...it's a boy lol
    Just go with it, it's prob just a phase and in combo with a touch of ms. Sure it will pass and u'll be back on the vege...or not... as in my case.
    Just try and enjoy these early days im sure it's not harming bub's just yet. Maybe speak to ur gp and ask if a multi vitam would help. U would need some blood tests done before u get them.
    U have a whole pregnancy ahead of you to make up for 1st trimester crappy eating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm nearly 8 weeks and feeling the same - the smell of cooking veggies makes me want to be sick (was exactly the same with DS too). I've found I'm ok with baked sweet potato and I have a green smoothie most days, which is just banana, milk, little bit of yoghurt and baby spinach. You can't even taste the spinach and it gives you a good dose of raw greens. I'm also going to try and down some apple & carrot juice. Like others have said though, just do what you can to get through the first few months and you should pick up soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could try the V8 juice that had fruit and vegies, or maybe make your own. I wouldn't stress though it will probably pass once you hit second trimester.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Is it just veggies? I went off them too but it was a texture thing for me. Anything too mushy made me want to chuck. So I had salad instead and was fine. Could be worth a try?

Thanks
    Reviews

I never touched a vegetable until about 13 weeks. Could stand to think about them let alone the smell haha. I'm now a healthy 40+3 and nothing went wrong

Relax!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was in the same boat! I found I couldn't eat any steamed veggies (when zucchini, broccoli, carrot and beans used to be my favourites) but I found I could eat stirfry, curries, stews that were loaded up with veggies. You could even try putting soy sauce or something on them to mask the taste a bit. I found I could still stomach corn, which I figured is better than nothing :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks girls I feel so much better now I know it's not just me!!
    I managed some chicken and veg soup yesterday and think I'll be ok with more of that. Some salad veggies seem ok too, and I love fruit still so having a bit of that.
    I can't wait til my taste for veggies comes back!