+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 6m old night sleep HELP

Hi there, I haven't read through the whole thread but sounds like the 6 month growth spurt to me...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by singa06 View Post

If its solids causing pain, should I go back to just plain rice cereal?
    I think you might be on to something! (same thing i just worked out) I think their little tummies are just adjusting to having solid food, and working out how all the food makes it way through. I remember my DD did a similar thing.

I don't think stopping solids will help, i think it is something they all have to work through, and some bubs find it harder than others.

DS has always had a kinda slow gut, and starting solids has emphasised this again.

good luck

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 6m old night sleep HELP

I would can the rice cereal, I dont think it is good for them, I would go back to 1 or 2 simple fruits/vegies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Thank you all so much for your helpful and supportive replies. One by one ill try different things.
    Thanks Vicpark for all that useful info.

One would think this is bub 1, but I have a 3yr old!! I have just been all over the place since my dads passing in march.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Oh Vicpark do you control cry? Just wondering what to do if no dummy, patting etc!

Thanks
    Reviews

We got rid of the dummy by putting him down without it and then going in to reassure him with a few pats and shushing. We did that twice and then if he was still upset we gave him the dummy. At first, he would drop off as soon as he got it, then slowly he started going to sleep without it. It took a little while, but it was reasonably stress-free for us all

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow ds slept through again until 640am with only one cry at 4am and I think I know why he slept without waking unsettled during the night.
    Yesterday he had a 30min catnap in the car at 5pm and the other day when he slept through he had a 45 min catnap in the sling. The nights he didn't have a late avo catnap he would wake unsettled in the night and take approx 90min to settle including a feed.
    He DOESNT want a catnap at 4/5pm I'll have to try the sling again and persist because if he wakes at 2/2.30pm, he just doesn't cope being up until bedtime.