+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 6m old night sleep HELP

Ds is a little over 6 months and just seems so unsettled at night. Once he wakes, it's all over, he cries until he is in my arms then he will fall asleep in my arms but cry again when I put him in his cot.
    He was sleeping through from 2 months - 4m. But then he started to wake for a feed from 4 1/2m, but now wakes a number of times unsettled. Usually I feed him if it's been 2hr+ between feeds, but last night he fed at 2.15am then took 2hrs to fall back asleep after I tried panadol and then another feed around 4am.
    I've tried feeds, nappy change, teething gel, panadol, seeing if hot/cold, patting, wrapping etc.
    Could it be from the solids?
    Usually he has (varies): apple, rice cereal, pear, carrot, pumpkin, sweet potato and banana.
    I'm so tired.
    Is this 'normal' for a 6m old??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Perhaps bub is upset from
    Hunger? Try upping the solids/ adding protein (meat etc).

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD is going to be 6 months on Sunday and has been sleeping well until the last few nights (hence my post last night which is now blank, but I digress) Babies are meant to go through a growth spurt at 6 months which is probably why he is waking more often at night. Does he finish the bottle you give him? Maybe he needs more to drink?

How many serves of solids is he having?

How does he go to sleep? Do you rock him in your arms, sit next to his cot after laying him down, feed to sleep or does he self settle?

Is he maybe over tired when he's going to sleep? The last two nights my DD has been over tired when I put her down as her day sleeps have been rubbish and she's not been sleeping the best, but I'm starting to wonder if she might be ready to take two long sleeps and drop her last nap and I'm reading her all wrong during the day. Could that be the case with your son? How is he sleeping during the day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Thanks. He doesn't seem to be a 'big'' hungry solid eater yet. Maybe as he gets used to it all?

Thanks
    Reviews

So last night ds slept from 8pm-630am for the first time in many weeks.
    When I told dh this morning he said "that's because I wrapped both his arms in" (instead of one arm as I'm trying to wean him off the wrap/swaddle)
    What a situation! I'm happy that he slept, but am not sure about the wrapping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: 6m old night sleep HELP

I'd say it's a normal 6 months growth spurt... Not to mention the tummy can be upset after starting solids. Just ride the wave and keep calm :-)

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews

I'd keep wrapping him if that's getting him through the night. There's nothing wrong with it and if it helps all of you get sleep its worth doing IMO. Sounds like he's not quite ready to give it up.

DD just turned 1 and we've just started putting her down with 1 arm free.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah, keep up the wrapping if it works.

my ds is 7 months and waking 6 or 8 times overnight atm. it is doing my head in.

He was unsettled last week and i got out a wrap again (haven't used them for a few months) and it helped me get him to sleep. i go with whatever works. i just wish i knew what would work overnight

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks everyone. During the day I'll still do one arm free, even it it means just a 45min cat nap, but I'll wrap him at night. I'm just worried that he'll roll onto his tummy (he isn't rolling that way yet anyway).
    *Hugs* Bubbles, it's so hard isn't it?

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi everyone my ds is 7 months as well and terrible at night. He was ok up until about 5 months. He seems to have lots of wind pain from solids? We also got rid of the wrap as he is rolling... Now he wakes up all the time... I feed if it's been more than 2 hours otherwise I rock,