+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Gold coast hotel/resort suggestions

What I usually do before I book anything is check out trip advisor!!!!! Nobody says the truth like the public. Another good site to check out is stayz.com.au they have some amazing private properties for good prices. Really good if your traveling in a big group or have a big family.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Gold coast hotel/resort suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Smartiecat View Post
    We got home last week from paradise resort ... We had an amazing time and that hotel was what made the difference.
    It is totally family focused, always had activities going on for kids, was non judgey about tantruming kids, my ds rode his bike thru the lobby (quite a few times actually) we were stopped and asked the first time "can you put pedals on that?".
    The pools were fantastic ... The waterslides had quite cold water but that was ok cos you were always running around; there was a larger pool that was heated and then a larger spa that was really warm. There was also a fabulous playground that we could go down to and sit down while the kids had a play.
    We had a room that over looked the pool, yes it was a little noisy bit the kids loved sitting out there and watching what was going on even if we weren't ready to go down yet ... So that wads huge plus for us! Our kids go to bed at 7.30 the noise never affected their bedtimes at all. If you are worried about noise I would request a room overlooking playground.
    We went in off season and booked our room thru quickbeds paid $120 pn. (with pool view upgrade) for a resort room it had a qs bed single bed and cot. Rooms were very clean, serviced daily (it was so cute after they were serviced our ds toys were always arranged really cutely on his bed ) ... Bathroom probably needed a Reno but was very clean. The room cost also included te kids club but we never used it.
    Most nights we ate in the cafe/bar ... Abc2 was usually on the tv and there was usually children's entertainment going on (one night they had an aboriginal children's entertainer who was fabulous!!) ... Meal prices were really reasonable and not "resort" prices at all. They also had a mini supermarket that was perfect for adult treats after they had gone to sleep!!!

We also looked at turtle beach but decided in the end that we would have a better holiday if there was things for the kids to do at the hotel rather than being cooped up in an apartment.

Our kids are 2 and 4 btw ... It was quite far from cavill ave; but there wasn't really much up there for us anyway and it is a mess ATM they are renovating something in the mall.

We are already planning our next trip there!!
    This has made me so excited - only 3 weeks till we go there
    How far is it from cavil ave - walking distance?

Sent from my LG-P920 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

I didn't like paradise resort at all. So noisy and some families seemed to think they could let their kids run riot in the restaurant, etc just because it is a place with kids facilities. I find that sort of thing really annoying. Time and place people
    Last edited by Ffrenchknickers; 31-08-2012 at 08:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyrissa View Post
    This has made me so excited - only 3 weeks till we go there
    How far is it from cavil ave - walking distance?

It's walkable - around 15minutes, but I'd allow longer with kids in tow

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Milktini View Post
    Yep about 15 mins ... Our 4yo was happy to walk the distance ... There is also a cold rock just as you are coming out of (can't think of the name of it but the one that runs parrellel with cavill) ... We stopped there on the way back A few times do he could have an ice cream to eat while walking. But we did have his bike too (kids and I flew hubby drove) so he usually rode that ... We really didn't need to go into surfers though ... Not much for families in there!

Make sure you do the duck bus and ferris wheel ... Fab fun for kids!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    I didn't like paradise resort at all. So noisy and some families seemed to think they could let their kids run riot in the restaurant, etc just because it is a place with kids facilities. I find that sort of thing really annoying. Time and place people
    Hmmm I thought there was non judgey people there ... Wouldn't ever let my kids run riot but by dinner time on a busy holiday our 2yo was usually grumpy ... Dinners were hardwork ...

Thanks
    Reviews

Op ... If you go there make sure you check with hotel when there aboriginal children's entertainer will be there (he does a show during dinner) ... It was a tues when we were there ... It was the best dinner we had the kids loved him and were totally mesmerized ... All the kids participated and got to try instruments ... We had been at sea world all day and the kids prob had more fun with him lol..!!

Try to coincide with one of his nights

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartiecat View Post
    Hmmm I thought there was non judgey people there ... Wouldn't ever let my kids run riot but by dinner time on a busy holiday our 2yo was usually grumpy ... Dinners were hardwork ...
    Just sharing the reasons I wouldn't go back there Obviously some people love this kind of place but I wouldn't choose to go back there I think some people find they can relax more in this kind of environment but I am the opposite. I'm not talking about grumpy children either, I know all about them, hehe. I thought the meals were very affordable and quite nice though
    Last edited by Ffrenchknickers; 31-08-2012 at 09:23.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Gold coast hotel/resort suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Milktini View Post
    Excellent thanks