+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Gold coast hotel/resort suggestions

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has stayed at either Paradise resort or treasure island and what you thought?

I am looking to book accommodation for a 3 night stay somewhere on the gold coast in Feb 2013 for me, my mum and DS who will be 18 months then. I don't know whether to go for a family style resort or a normal hotel... any suggestions very welcome.

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Treasure island is quite old and tired, 3 stars only.. It's liveable, but I wouldn't really call it a "hotel" not compared to the other hotels on the coast.

I've never stayed at paradise resort, but the kids pools look AWESOME!! Wonder if I can take DD there without being a guest haha

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jo7 For This Useful Post:

ilovehats  (30-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Paradise resort is gross.
    Breakfree diamond beach resort or turtle beach resort are awesome!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

ilovehats  (30-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    turtle beach is amazing...we spent a week there in one of their 2 bedroom units, i could have stayed for ever.

We also stayed at Treasure Island...2 nights in a smaller 1 room cabin and 2 nights in one of the new 2 bedroom ones. The bigger one was fantastic...the smaller one was just liveable.

The facilities for kids were better at treasure island than at Turtle Beach...but the pools better at Turtle Beach lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

ilovehats  (30-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Gold coast hotel/resort suggestions

We are staying at paradise resort at the end of this month. Ive heard the accomodation is nothing flash but your paying for the facilities, kids club/activities etc. I personally dont think it would be worth it as it is expensive compared to other places - considering your child is so young.

Sent from my LG-P920 using BubHub

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyrissa For This Useful Post:

ilovehats  (30-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would go a hotel over a resort, as your DS will only be 18months (therefore not really making much use of the child friendly facilities) I think it would be better to have somewhere on the esplanade that is close to all attractions and still have great onsite facilities.

Mantra Circle on Cavil is amazing, I haven't stayed there with my kids but have been there several times with DP and it is smack bang in the middle of Surfers Paradise. Close to shopping centres, across from the beach, they have night markets that run on the same strip the hotel is on. 3different pools, childrens play area, bbq's etc. Best part is it's basically on Cavil, so a short walk to Adrenalin park, timezone, Ripley's, wax museum, infinity, hard rock cafe etc.

I prefer hotels over resorts but that's just me, you can usually pick up pretty cheap accommodation on Wotif

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

ilovehats  (30-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We stayed at paradise resort once and I was not a fan at all, dirty, loud and noisy and as bizzare as this sounds kids everywhere which drove me nuts.
    We have stayed at the Mantra Suncity which is accross the road from paradise resort a few times now and its very kid friendly. Amazing pool which is a lagoon style pool with a beach area so your little one can play on the beach part and then splash around in the shallows. There is also an indoor pool and spa. The rooms apartment style so fully self contained you can choose from a one or two bedroom appartment. The bathrooms also have a bath and seperate shower. Around the pool area there are also bbq facilities and an outdoor dining area. Paradise resort has no cooking facilities and the returants in the resort are blah and expensive.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lovelymum For This Useful Post:

ilovehats  (30-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeah, the new Mantras are really nice, apartments are new, modern and have good amenities/facilities.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jo7 For This Useful Post:

ilovehats  (30-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Royal pines is really nice, has good facilites & seems to be child friendly. Very affordable for a 5 star hotel if you're a RACQ member. It's not on the beach but it's only a short drive away.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to M2O84 For This Useful Post:

ilovehats  (30-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

We got home last week from paradise resort ... We had an amazing time and that hotel was what made the difference.
    It is totally family focused, always had activities going on for kids, was non judgey about tantruming kids, my ds rode his bike thru the lobby (quite a few times actually) we were stopped and asked the first time "can you put pedals on that?".
    The pools were fantastic ... The waterslides had quite cold water but that was ok cos you were always running around; there was a larger pool that was heated and then a larger spa that was really warm. There was also a fabulous playground that we could go down to and sit down while the kids had a play.
    We had a room that over looked the pool, yes it was a little noisy bit the kids loved sitting out there and watching what was going on even if we weren't ready to go down yet ... So that wads huge plus for us! Our kids go to bed at 7.30 the noise never affected their bedtimes at all. If you are worried about noise I would request a room overlooking playground.
    We went in off season and booked our room thru quickbeds paid $120 pn. (with pool view upgrade) for a resort room it had a qs bed single bed and cot. Rooms were very clean, serviced daily (it was so cute after they were serviced our ds toys were always arranged really cutely on his bed ) ... Bathroom probably needed a Reno but was very clean. The room cost also included te kids club but we never used it.
    Most nights we ate in the cafe/bar ... Abc2 was usually on the tv and there was usually children's entertainment going on (one night they had an aboriginal children's entertainer who was fabulous!!) ... Meal prices were really reasonable and not "resort" prices at all. They also had a mini supermarket that was perfect for adult treats after they had gone to sleep!!!

We also looked at turtle beach but decided in the end that we would have a better holiday if there was things for the kids to do at the hotel rather than being cooped up in an apartment.

Our kids are 2 and 4 btw ... It was quite far from cavill ave; but there wasn't really much up there for us anyway and it is a mess ATM they are renovating something in the mall.

We are already planning our next trip there!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Smartiecat For This Useful Post:

ilovehats  (30-08-2012)