+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Am I eligible for JET?

I'm redoing my course through open learning. I was told I was eligible but I don't know how you prove or claim the hours? I'm only doing one elective at a time. I'm so confused and the guy from Centrelink hung up in me, rude!
    I am going to be studying FT regardless to get it over with and my son is currently in 5 days approved for 50 hours but it's a 60 HR centre and I am paying over $300 a fortnight.
    Does anyone know what I should do? Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

You need to fill in a JET application form.
    Either call and ask for it to be sent out or pop into your local branch and get it.
    Fill it in, hand it in and then wait, usually takes at least a few weeks before you find out if its approved or not.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    Either call and ask for it to be sent out or pop into your local branch and get it.
    Fill it in, hand it in and then wait, usually takes at least a few weeks before you find out if its approved or not.
    Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by katatonic View Post
    I'm redoing my course through open learning. I was told I was eligible but I don't know how you prove or claim the hours? I'm only doing one elective at a time. I'm so confused and the guy from Centrelink hung up in me, rude!
    I am going to be studying FT regardless to get it over with and my son is currently in 5 days approved for 50 hours but it's a 60 HR centre and I am paying over $300 a fortnight.
    I hope you got a receipt number for your call. That way you can complain about him hanging up. That is so unacceptable. What is JET? I'm looking at studying soon, too. Good luck with your studies!

Thanks
    Reviews

You have to be receiving a payment other than FTB like parenting payment and studying at least 15 hours per week

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mishh For This Useful Post:

BaronessM  (31-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mishh View Post
    You have to be receiving a payment other than FTB like parenting payment and studying at least 15 hours per week
    Thanks Mishh. I am receiving single parenting pension and study at least 30 hours a week. I will go to Centrelink today to ask for more information.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Am I eligible for JET?

Quote Originally Posted by katatonic View Post
    Opening learning should send you something stating the hours your course will take.

Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    A few weeks? You were lucky. I think my first one took 5 weeks and my second was closer to 8 weeks. I ended up really far in credit when the jet was actually approved but was financially screwed during the wait.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

My jet took about 6 weeks and I ended up having to chase it up. Just ring and say you want to apply and they send you the forms.

It's worth the annoying painful wait!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Opening learning should send you something stating the hours your course will take.

A few weeks? You were lucky. I think my first one took 5 weeks and my second was closer to 8 weeks. I ended up really far in credit when the jet was actually approved but was financially screwed during the wait.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Yes i was lucky when i got it about 4yrs ago now it took just over 3wks to get approved - have heard of it taking lots longer though