+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default My son is starting school next year!

Yes, son number 1 is going to "big school" next year. Any tips? Wish you had been told? Advice?

I'm teary now just thinking about it how did my fat chubba bubba turn into a schoolie so fast?!

Squeegee is offline Wanting to add a new squeegee to the family
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats to both you and him.

The information you receive about a child's day in preschool or day care is significantly more than what you receive in "big school". Look for notes in bags that tell you what's going on.

Expect exhaustion and tears due to tiredness teachers expect a lot of little ones...and the kids do step up.

If there is a playground or friendship issue ask your child for as much information as possible about what happened before X,Y and Z happened. Then talk to them about what might be a good thing to do next time.

You get lots further with teachers if you ask questions first.

Oh and lastly for you....set up a coffee date or a play date or something to keep you occupied for at least the first few hours of the school day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ^Good advice! Depending on your child's attitude you can expect a grumpy crank monster or to have your ear talked off It's tough to let go, but you should be proud of your little man!

I would say my biggest piece of advice is to not let him see that you are upset/stressed about him going to school because you may give him some of that anxiety!