+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Deciding on #4

Trying to decide on whether or not we would like 1 more baby. What helped you decide to have 4? For me i think it's more mental then anything else, just getting my head around the idea of it. We've tossed up the pros and cons, but still cannot come to a decision so just interested in hearing how other parents made the choice. We have our own home, minimal debt, live comfortably with luxuries at the moment. But the things that have me worried are holidaying with 4 children, hubby would like to private school them through high school years which i'd be working then anyways. Is it really a huge difference going from 3 to 4? Or does it just require more strict organisation and patience?
    Interested to hear what other parents think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Deciding on #4

Hi there we are currently ttc #4 We wrestled with the decision as well but apart from the bigger car I don't think it will much difference than having 3...re holidays we already have to stay in apartments so nothing will change there. A lot of private schools have huge discounts for a fourth & if you are comfortable financially then I'd go for it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks lol I guess having another might add to the chaos slightly but make it all the more enjoyable aswell I do think I would regret it if I didn't have another, thanks for your input

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI FourLeafClover.... I've been discussing having a 4th with my DF for a few months... i have an almost 7yr old boy, almost 3 yr old boy and almost 5 yr old girl.... My eldest DS is in grade 2 next year, and DD will be in prep... so it will be just me and my youngest and i feel i really want another..... Were hoping to try start of next year, as at the moment I'm on Depro shot, and that runs out in december.... so we will try in the new year hopefully..... we own our house too, and don't have any loans, credit cards.... so financially if you can afford it why not.... were also looking at private schooling for secondary.... well good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.
    i have three lil ones also,
    ds almost 6
    dd 4
    and ds 13months.
    my heart and mind are calling for another.
    its funny i just don't feel like our family is complete, i feel like someone is missing.
    im also on the depro Shot and it also runs out in december. last time i fell preg just at the end of my shot, i tested today just in case, it was negative, inside i was sad... but
    financially we are only just getting back on our feet.
    df just started an awesome job a month ago and so far is liking it. its good money.
    i can wait... i have too til things get better, but the desire is definitely lingering.
    hmmmm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Deciding on #4

I'm 18 weeks pregnant with #4. I just couldn't let it go. I knew 3 was "sensible" but my heart was desperate for 4.
    I also would like private schooling and would live to maintain out lifestyle. DH is currently working huge hours establishing a business and I will o back to work in 4-5 years. So I'm really not worried about the financial side of things.
    I KNEW I would be constantly looking for that extra child and not finding them if I didn't go for one more.
    I knew the minute I saw the + test that I was done!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow congratulations!
    that's amazing...
    do have to say im a lil jelly lol
    but that's great. glad your happy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes wanting number 4 here to but heart is saying yes and head is saying know and then there is hubby lol, our eldest is in year 2 and he is in a private school which is something that is very important to hubby and I and our#2 is off to prep 3 days a week at the same school next year and when I use my head it tells me 4 children going through the private school system would be a enormous exspence not to mention we would need a larger car but I just can't imagine not adding to our family 1 more time and the thought of not being pregnant and giving birth again makes me want to cry :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Deciding on #4

An accident helped me to decide on number #4 and she's now a healthy lil 8 month old. I would of eventually had 4 anyway though just not so close but I'm loving every minute of it now.. I think if your heart is set on 4 then your head will get around having 4. Now that I've had my 4th I'd absolutely love a 5th

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Deciding on #4

Quote Originally Posted by millsmum View Post
    Yes wanting number 4 here to but heart is saying yes and head is saying know and then there is hubby lol, our eldest is in year 2 and he is in a private school which is something that is very important to hubby and I and our#2 is off to prep 3 days a week at the same school next year and when I use my head it tells me 4 children going through the private school system would be a enormous exspence not to mention we would need a larger car but I just can't imagine not adding to our family 1 more time and the thought of not being pregnant and giving birth again makes me want to cry :-(
    4th child is free except a school levy for private schools, well all the ones on the gold coast are