+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Diet advice for 12 year old ... Dietitian?

Thanks,
    Dh and I talked more last night we are going to see our gp together first then bring Dsd to the next appointment (so we can talk openly and make a plan without hurting dsds feelings then hopefully the gp will understand and work with us to see a dietician and explain the health risks of obesity.
    I just pray that eveyone involved works well with children.
    Dsd is with us for the whole of the school holidays and DH has booked the time off so lots of fun physical activities, see the dietian and once she's lost some weight and is due to return to her mum for the week DH will talk to her mum about the dietician and ask if she would meet her so both houses are in the loop and on the same page.

We want her mum to see results so she will follow through other wise if we suggest it she wont go because she thinks our food is the problem not hers.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    Last edited by babybumblebee; 30-08-2012 at 12:07.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Diet advice for 12 year old ... Dietitian?

The doctor might even run some blood tests. Actually show her pictures of the damage she is doing to her body. I do think she might benefit from some self esteem coaching. I think that over eating is a very deep issue. Gee I wish I could remember the name of the course one of the students in my class went on, it benefitted her greatly. Maybe do an Internet search.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Diet advice for 12 year old ... Dietitian?

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    The doctor might even run some blood tests. Actually show her pictures of the damage she is doing to her body. I do think she might benefit from some self esteem coaching. I think that over eating is a very deep issue. Gee I wish I could remember the name of the course one of the students in my class went on, it benefitted her greatly. Maybe do an Internet search.
    I will look into it, thank you!
    I was overweight as a teen and yo yo now so I know how hard things are going to get for her
    Luckily DH is just as concerned as I am

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub