+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby clothing sizes, what to get!

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook View Post
    This scares me! I was a 10 pound baby... I'm only buying 000 only at the moment because baby is already measuring big!! I might grab a couple of 0000 to take to the hospital just in case!

Thanks for your helpful advice, ladies
    Oh no! Haha I'd guess you will have a 9-10 pounder then ;-)
    I was 8pd13 and my first was 9pd2, then 10pd6 and 9pd1 !! I only got a 0000 squeeze in when my youngest dropped to 7pd15 a few days after birth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Don't buy too much, just a few basics. You can sell any newborn items that are too small (or gift them). I'd just buy a few basic jumpsuits, then get the rest once they're born so you know what size to buy.

Mine was 10lbs 4oz when she was born, and 0000 was pretty much never used. lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

I agree with others don't get overstocked on much now!

I'm sure your family and friends will spoil you new bubba once she arrived and you will have lots of clothes!

I literally had nothing when my first DS was born but had plenty once we left hosp!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Baby clothing sizes, what to get!

Just like all us adults vary in size... So do newborns, toddlers, children and teens... We are all human after all and all are different. Just get a few bits and pieces and then if you need more after the birth send your partner or friends down to the shops.

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leahmaree View Post
    Im currently pregnant with my first, and am trying to get organised and buy some clothes before she comes home. My problem is i'm just not sure what sizes I should get and how many of each. I have some newborn and some 0-3 months, I feel like I should get some more newborn, but what if I have a big baby? How long with the newborn clothes fit her? I dont want to buy all newborn stuff just to have her grow out of them in 4 weeks time.
    I actually kinda wish i got more premmie size singlets! and also more 00000 onesies! dd was a good birth weight 7lb 6oz but they loose weight after birth and for my dd, it took 2 months for her to get back to her birth weight! she was tiny for ages!

strawberry swing is offline not so patiently waiting for the 1st of july!
    Thanks
    Reviews

my dd was 9p3oz (4.1kg) 51 cm long. she was able to wear 0000 from birth, but now only fits into a few of her 0000. She's 7 weeks old. We've started putting her in 000 mostly for length.

We didn't have many 0000 clothes, just enough to keep her dressed if there were poo explosions that leaked or she pee'd during changes and it ran up to her outfit.

Thanks
    Reviews

My son was 2.2 kg and 6weeks prem he was in 00000 for a month and now is almost 7months and just in 00

Thanks
    Reviews

My daughter was 8 days late, and weighed under 3kg (about 6 pound 8)! I didn't have any 00000 clothes but needed them, bub was measuring 'big' towards the end of my pregnancy, yeah right!
    She is 6.5months now and still in only 000 clothes, and she's 6.7kg.

Every baby is different!!

Thanks
    Reviews

DS was 5kg (11 pound) and went straight into 000s. All the 0000s never got worn and have been packed away in the hope my next one is smaller

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dd was 7 pound and in 00000 for 3 months and in 00 at 1

My son was 10 pound and in 00 at birth he then moved up a clothing size every 3ish months was in size 2 at 1! Lol

Id get a few of everything and go shopping after birth