+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What makeup do you use?

Hi, Like the title says, what brand/type/combination of makeup foundation/powder do you use? I am currently using a mineral powder, but don't really like it anymore. I am not using a foundation cream with it, but never have. Got it from my beautician a few years ago. Had some Naepolean tinted moistureiser and some foundation put on today, at one of the shopping centre stalls, to see if I like it and if it likes me. Seemed expensive though, but it is the first one I have looked at. Any ideas/help would be appreciated. I don't wear much makeup, just want a nice foundation to even out my skin tone. I wear mascara, lippy, and eyeshadow too but that is about it... Thanks in advance, DI

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I actually have the time or motivation to put any make up on I use Rimmel foundation. It's a light formula and great for evening out skin tone and is great if you have dry skin and those colour stay ones don't work on your skin.

If you are anything like me and have really pale skin, they have the palest colour I've seen available in stores (given it's a UK brand and they are more likely to have fairer skin than here).

I tried that nude by nature, but I found it rather useless and doesn't work anything like they say it does on their ads (I got the free trial and used all the skin care and skin prep stuff, but it still didn't work for me.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What makeup do you use?

I used to use the napoleon stick in a number 2, I love Napoleons colour blend, as I need a more yellow based foundation than a pink one.
    However I began spending too much in my own eyes and have just recently begun using Revlon colourstay for normal/dry skin.
    I have always used a Calvin Klein loose powder in ivory over the top of both products, but would probably reccomend a higher quality setting powder for napoleon.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510b using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm using the new Benefit oxygen foundation and I quite like it. Prior to that I used Estee Lauder Day Wear light and have also used Revlon Colourstay. I guess it just depends on your budget. I have heard as a pp suggested that Rimmel is good, especially if you don't intend on using it everyday and want light coverage.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I use nude by nature, I wouldn't go back from mineral foundation, the difference in my skin is amazing. There are better mineral make ups but nude by nature is cheap and stocked at a lot of places. I also use revlon great lash mascara and MAC lipstick. That's about it. I only use cheapie eyeshadow/eyeliner as i don't wear it often enough to spend a lot. Oh and a mineral blusher, too, from a local woman.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I love smashbox stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews

I wear clinique supermoisture, it's a light coverage makeup. It is pricey, but I mostly only wear that with mascara and lip gloss, with the occasional blush and eyeshadow.

Sent from my LT18a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    For foundation I use Napoleon stick in look 2. My lipglosses, eyeliner, blush, brushes, lipsticks, mascara etc etc are also Napoleon. I just find that for me personally, nothing else compares. I love the stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews

I use Dove tinted moisturizer from Woolworths everyday :-) evens my skin tone and I just put a light dusting of powder over the top to stop being shiny !
    That's my everyday ritual, can't even tell u my heavy foundation cause I barely wear it :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mac studio finish makeup, i've tried lots of expensive ones and find it fantastic.

I'm keen to try smash box, i've hear lots of good things.