+ Reply to Thread
    bambino is offline Autistic Today, My Genius Tomorrow
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Mystery Shoppers??

I have just come across an ad in our local paper wanting mystery shoppers.

Is anyone here one?
    What is it like?

I currently have a full time job, but am on 4 weeks annual leave, and have no intention on returning (reality is I need to find another job before I resign though ).

It looks like this job can be quite flexible, but I would love to find out more about it first, if anyone can help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I've never been one but I've worked in shopping centres in centre management on the receiving side of them. Mystery shoppers came at us in 3 ways. Phoned in for help, went to the customer service desk for help and came to reception for help. Every interaction was scored and we got bonuses or butt kickings on those scores.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Mystery Shoppers??

Be ware of thenews paper ads. A had one in our local paper that turned out to be a scam. the paper printed an apology a week later for anyone that may have responded even though they weren't at fault.

ETA. However my mum did do mystery shopping for take away places. It is pretty flexible but you do have to pay out of your own money first and get refunded. I personally don't think it is worth doing unless you live in a city because petrol costs can be high.
    Sent from my GT-S6500T using BubHub
    Last edited by DesperatelySeekingSleep; 29-08-2012 at 15:07.

Thanks
    Reviews

I do mystery shopping with Realise Online.

Have done a variety, take-away stores, department stores, shoe and clothing stores.

You fill in a written report after doing the job, then submit it online the same day. A few weeks later your payment goes into your bank account. They pay a set amount for the job plus reimburse you if you had been instructed to make a purchase.

You can do an application to become a mystery shopper through their website.

Thanks
    Reviews

Subbing, I think it would be good fun (I love to shop) and I guess a good way to get paid for it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I've done it - not enough for it to be anything other than pocket money...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm a mystery shopper. It's rubbish and kind of awkward and stressful because you have to do adhere to all these crazy rules, watched out for all this stuff like nametags/ names/ uniform/ tidyness etc, count how long it takes to serve you, ask really weird specific and forced questions and if you word it wrong you buy the stupid thing and don't get paid.

The money isn't worth it and it makes shopping stressful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like it, I have been getting mainly food ones and it's been a great way for us to have meals out for free (after reimbursement). Once we went to a local club and had lunch. I was paid $50 and lunch cost us $10 with the specials!! I used to get a bit anxious about all the questions but I just made a list of the things I had to remember on my phone and added answers as I went.

I work for mystery customer and mystery shopper