+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Rolling over Super

How do I do this? I have about 6 super accounts from when I started working 10 years ago. Not much in many of them!

But I want to roll them into one because it'll be nice to have it all together. However, I don't know how to find them!

I looked on the ATO, they didn't find any lost super, and I don't have statements from all of my accounts.

I know what account I want to roll everything into, but I can't find the other account details. How do I go about this (without paying someone to do it)? Is it possible?

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    did you do a lost super search? And nothing came up?

Do you have any idea where they may be? Track through your past employers/industry's and it should point you in right direction.

When you have a super funds you think they may be with - just call them and explain that you have some old super and think it may be with them. The will ID you, name, dob and then normally 2 other security - address, contributing employer, beneficiary. (these can be old info depending on how long ago you had your super account but they shoudl work through it with you).

Once you have been verified; get your account number, balance and also ask if you have any active insurance. Also get them to update your records to your current address/details.

Once you have all the info you just fill out an ATO rollover form and post it in with certified ID.

http://www.ato.gov.au/content/downlo...-03-2007_w.pdf

I do this a million times a day for clients at work so if you need any more info feel free to ask

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thank you! I'll give them all a call.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    if you need any contact numbers/fund details let me know - alot of funds have merged over the yrs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    also, you need to ask each super fund the following (you need to fill it out on the r/o form)
    1. Fund name
    2. Membership number
    3. Conctact number
    4. ABN
    5. SPIN

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think either they all merged, or I had fewer than I thought because all I found was 2 accounts but they had around the amount of money I expected. I just rolled it all into my Australian Super fund I think!

GO ME!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also I was logged into SuperSeeker on the ATO site and appear to have lodged the form online. Is that even possible? It seemed far too easy

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeh you can, it depends how much info you submitted as to what level of access was provided.

Just call the super fund you are rolling out of in a few days and see if they have recieved your request?

It may be that the ATO will now send you form to complete? Im not too sure - we never do it this way because we never have enough info on the client.

2 is great - I just merged 14 r/o funds for a client dating back to 1986

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Rolling over Super

Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    yeh you can, it depends how much info you submitted as to what level of access was provided.

Just call the super fund you are rolling out of in a few days and see if they have recieved your request?

It may be that the ATO will now send you form to complete? Im not too sure - we never do it this way because we never have enough info on the client.

2 is great - I just merged 14 r/o funds for a client dating back to 1986
    I gave them pretty much all my secrets. I don't even care about the others, they're from so long ago that if they do exist, there's probably nothing in them any more.

ATO gave me the option to lodge online or full out the form. I will check next week and see if the magic happened.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    can I ask what the account was that you rolled out of? If it was a holding account and you had no others in SuperSeeker then there is a huge change they have already been accumulated.