+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    791
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked
    182
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default So mad at my legs right now! Vent!

    So it's 2:46am, I'm up and not because i have a 9 month old and because im having a bath after tossing and turning and stretching and jerking my legs around since I went to bed at 10pm!

    I have Restless legs. I get them every time I fall pregnant and I am freaking out because they are so much worse this time than my other two times because how will I be able to function on no sleep? With a 9 month old!?
    Last time was fine because my DS was 6 and he went to school so I could nap. But this time I don't have that!

    I have tried everything! and often all in one night I try:
    Camomile teas, magnesium supplements, iron supplements, stretches, massages, calcium, bananas before bed, s€x, hot baths, deep heat, and I make sure I wear socks to bed. I can't possibly try anything else

    Is there anyone else out there suffering like me?
    It seems like a stupid issue but when you haven't slept properly for days it gets a bit much

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Surely you're not the only one suffering from it. I understand that you have tried several natural methods such as teas. I recommend fenugreek tea but you should consult a doctor first because it is not recommended in large quantities during pregnancy. It also helps to increase lactation.
    http://www.fenugreektearemedy.blogspot.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,517
    Thanks
    432
    Thanked
    3,246
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This is going to sound really strange, and I'll be the first too admit I don't know too much about restless legs, but my partner has it and he finds they don't annoy him as much if I'm laying next to him with my legss wrapped around his.
    I kind of bear hug him in my sleep, but they don't twitch and move as much.
    Maybe try and get your DH to lay like that? Wrapped around you so they can't move around so much?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    76
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    24
    Reviews
    0

    Default Re: So mad at my legs right now! Vent!

    I used to get restless legs while pregnant. It is not fun.

    I did find one thing that kind of helped was wearing skins to bed. They are those exercise tights that are made to compress in all the right places. Didn't make it go away but seemed to calm it down a bit.

    Hope you manage to get some sleep

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,487
    Thanks
    449
    Thanked
    1,571
    Reviews
    12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Re: So mad at my legs right now! Vent!

    High doses of blackmores magnesium with no other supplements and elevating my legs with a heatpack 1hr before bed helped me.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    791
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked
    182
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you i am looking at that right now
    There are a lot of people suffering from it i have read.
    Quote Originally Posted by veravera View Post
    Surely you're not the only one suffering from it. I understand that you have tried several natural methods such as teas. I recommend fenugreek tea but you should consult a doctor first because it is not recommended in large quantities during pregnancy. It also helps to increase lactation.
    http://www.fenugreektearemedy.blogspot.com

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    791
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked
    182
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have tried that too! Because of the pressure on the legs, but my DH gets so sweaty and moves around a lot so it doesnt work for long!
    Thanks for the comment though!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    This is going to sound really strange, and I'll be the first too admit I don't know too much about restless legs, but my partner has it and he finds they don't annoy him as much if I'm laying next to him with my legss wrapped around his.
    I kind of bear hug him in my sleep, but they don't twitch and move as much.
    Maybe try and get your DH to lay like that? Wrapped around you so they can't move around so much?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    791
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked
    182
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ohhhh, ok well thats given me an idea! Im going to try that!! Thank you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cealz View Post
    I used to get restless legs while pregnant. It is not fun.

    I did find one thing that kind of helped was wearing skins to bed. They are those exercise tights that are made to compress in all the right places. Didn't make it go away but seemed to calm it down a bit.

    Hope you manage to get some sleep

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    791
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked
    182
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok so no other supplements at all??

    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    High doses of blackmores magnesium with no other supplements and elevating my legs with a heatpack 1hr before bed helped me.


 

Similar Threads

  1. DS2 and sore legs
    By Cleigh in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 14-10-2012, 13:53
  2. Disco legs vent. Big vent.
    By Harliben in forum Pregnancy Health Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-09-2012, 04:17
  3. VENT VENT VENT Telstra is so difficult to talk to,
    By sweetseven in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 25-03-2012, 09:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pyjamas.com.au
With so many gorgeous brands and styles for every season, our pyjamas, nighties, robes, sleepsuits and sleeping bags are lovely for lights out and perfect for lazy days. Get 10% off first order using code bubhub. Be quick offer ends 31/12/16.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!