+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Mock Cake Cutting

Hi Ladies!

Help! We're getting married in six weeks time and I'm just trying to figure out the timing of everything - which is proving very difficult as a result of my newborn baby-brain!

Any thoughts on mock cake cutting? We'd love photos of the cake cutting but our photographer is only there for the first 30 mins. Has anyone done this before? Was it strange or not? I know one of my friends did it but I don't remember seeing them do it. I think we were too busy eating our entree?

Alternatively we could walk in and cut the cake then.

Thoughts/ideas....Please!

Thank you!
    x

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Mock Cake Cutting

We had a mock cake cutting then had friends and family take pics of the actual event afterwards. All of our pics turned out great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

I have heard it is really quite common to do this. From a what I understand a mock cake cutting happens when the photographer is still there and then the cake is cut again later in front of everyone.

Sent from my GT-S6500T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Relle - did it feel strange or awkward doing a mock cutting?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a mock cake cutting. I was a bit iffy about it too, but we got some lovely shots and it is more to have formal photo of you with your cake then the memory of the cake cutting event as such if that makes sense? we just got friends to take photos of the real cake cutting for those memories. With ours, guests were out in the courtyard having nibbles and drinks and didn't even see us inside doing these photos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that's a fab idea...i hadn't thought about doing it then. That would suit perfectly as our guests have pre-dinner drinks on the lawn before the reception begins. That's what we'll do! Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You know I wish we did a mock cake cutting! DH and I were so awkward cutting our cake (as in whos hand to put where etc) that I think they would have turned out better without everyone watching us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds perfect!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh I'd really like some nice photos of us with our cake. I don't want to spend that much money on a cake without having some nice photos!! And then we can have our friends take photos when we do the actual thing like you guys said. Though I'm not sure I want candid photos of me shoving food in my mouth!

Thanks
    Reviews

It didn't feel strange at all. Everyone was too busy eating and drinking to notice us. Our pics don't look posed at all in fact one of my favourite pics is of us holding the knife, kissing and pretending to cut the cake at the same time. :-)