+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default what does your 18mth old weigh?

What does your 18mth old weigh?
    Are they big eaters with good appetites?

I have dd's 18mth mchn check up tomorrow and i have no idea what she weighs or what she should be expected to weigh about now??! We dont have or use scales in our house.
    She's been small all her life both height wise and weight. DH and i are small, (me being 160cm , DH 175cm) but i dont know if that has alot to do with it.
    Even as a newborn she would only take what she needed from breast/bottle and no more. She wasnt a gutsy bub.
    She still only eats when she's hungry and no more. Ive never forced her to finish a serving of food and never will. She has a very varied diet and eats everything and anything, just not alot of it!
    She looks healthy and not at all skinny but small compared to other kids her age..
    Im not stressing, im just trying to get an idea of where her weight is compared to others. I know i shouldnt compare! i just want an idea of an 18mth old's approx weight!

Thanks
    Reviews

My DD is not average - she is on the 1st percentile but she weighs 8.6kg. She has always been small though. I would say an average 18 month old is 10kg or more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I just checked and DS ( now 22 months) weighed 12.3 kg at his 18 month check up and that's in the 80th percentile , he eats everything but lost all his chubbiness at about 18 months when he became more active!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is 21 months and i recently weight him...hes 12.5kg.
    He was about 11 kgs at 18 months.
    he was 9lb7 born so above the 90th percentile. At his 8 months check he was 8.5kg and i was told he needed to put on weight . I said...if i feed him anymore he'll explode!!! He was on solids at 3.5 months!
    My point ( i usually have one ), if hes eating and developing at a normal rate...dont listen to the child health nurse!

Thanks
    Reviews

Ds had his 18 month check up last week , he was 12.1kg (or12.2 or 3, can't quite remember) but it put him between 50th and 75th percentiles which he has basically always been, same for height

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is nearly 20 months but has weighed the same for awhile now - 11.5kg (dressed). He has a pretty good appetite, but does go off his food sometimes. DS grew very rapidly until about 12 months, since then hasn't really gained any weight, just sort of grown up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

DD is about 11kg at 19mths. She's very short and stocky. Love toddler bodies. So cute!

Thanks
    Reviews

DD is 10.5 kg and 77cm tall, so 35th % for weight and 20th for height, which is about what I am, lol. She's dropped off a bit in weight recently - she was always around the 50th % but has recently started walking and also had a few colds. Her eating goes up and down. At the moment I think she's hitting a growth spurt because she's gobbling everything in sight. she doesn't seem to eat portions as big as some of her peers but she's a big grazer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok we had our check up and she is weighing in at 9.7kgs (10th percentile) and 77.5cms tall (50th percentile)
    Shes fine, developing at a really good level. MCHN never even asked me about her diet or how much she eats.
    I dont know why i get so nervous about these appointments lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 18mo just hit 10.5kg. He's also fairly short - 76cm I think. I never freak out about weight and height but I used to freak out about him not eating anything. He eats alright now....not great but not bad. He's very suspicious of food and will only eat more than a couple of mouthfuls if it's SUPER TASTEY lol.