+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    For the ones that like seeing fat women on TV do you also like seeing fat blokes as well, I mean personally i would rather see a nice fit bloke like say heath on home and away then some fat chubba i can see that anywhere, what i see on tv i like to be pleasant on the eye

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I find bigger-than-average men to be much more represented on TV and film than bigger-than-average women.

I'll try and think of some...

Patrick Warburton on Rules of Engagement.
    Jorge Garcia on Lost/Alcatraz
    Kevin James on King of Queens
    Jim Belushi on According to Jim
    Homer (lol) on the Simpsons
    Jonah Hill from Superbad (et al.)
    Ricky Gervais from The Office UK, Extras, etc
    Phillip Seymour Hoffman from Capote, Guilt, etc
    Jack Black from School of Rock, Shallow Hal, etc
    Zach Galifianakis from The Hangover, The Campaign, etc

There'd be numerous others too.

I find "ugly" men are also used a lot more than "ugly," women are... usually when a character NEEDS to be ugly, she's just a pretty woman in a lot of make-up. Same with when they need a fat woman... often they put her in a fat suit or make a skinny chick bulk up (like Renee Zellweger as Bridget Jones).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Obese People On TV. WDYT?

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    For the ones that like seeing fat women on TV do you also like seeing fat blokes as well, I mean personally i would rather see a nice fit bloke like say heath on home and away then some fat chubba i can see that anywhere, what i see on tv i like to be pleasant on the eye
    The only difference for me is that I'm more used to seeing over weight men on TV than women, so there's no automatic 'awesome someone who isn't a size 8!' reaction.

Besides, pleasant on the eye is subjective - I quite liked Seth Rogan when he was packing a few extra kilos. Not to mention the affect that seeing only skinny women on TV has on a young girls self esteem.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ChickyBee For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Oh, and yes, I am fine with seeing non-buff men on TV. I actually prefer them. Men that look like they live at the gym are not eye-candy for me. I prefer them to look more natural... whether than means skinny and lacking muscle or a bit chubby... it doesn't matter.

I think VARIETY is what's needed... not all one way or the other, but more than just "pretty skinny girls," all the time would be nice... and not just as the token funny fat one. I love it when bigger characters are given actual storylines that have nothing to do with their size.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (30-08-2012)